PDA

View Full Version : Wet carpets water leak

tourer2
16-10-2012, 09:56 AM
Have had my A4 6mths and has been left outside all the time. No problem until now, but just discovered carpets on right side of car absolutely soaking wet. Don't know when this happened as haven't cleaned car out for a few weeks, but there hasn't been condensation in the car recently so I suspect the water has only just got in. RAC (yes Audi assist has to be used first rather than taking to dealer) checked main possibilities and found no problems so car will now have to go in for more thorough check. It has been very wet recently but so was the summer! Anyone else has similar problem; I know that all windows and doors have been fully shut all the time.

Sam
16-10-2012, 10:08 AM
Have had my A4 6mths and has been left outside all the time. No problem until now, but just discovered carpets on right side of car absolutely soaking wet. Don't know when this happened as haven't cleaned car out for a few weeks, but there hasn't been condensation in the car recently so I suspect the water has only just got in. RAC (yes Audi assist has to be used first rather than taking to dealer) checked main possibilities and found no problems so car will now have to go in for more thorough check. It has been very wet recently but so was the summer! Anyone else has similar problem; I know that all windows and doors have been fully shut all the time.

It's one of the most common issues on the forum.

Search plenum chamber or wet carpets and go nuts :)

Crasher
16-10-2012, 10:45 AM
This is the first time I have heard of it on an 8K A4, you would think they had solved it by now!

Sam
16-10-2012, 10:51 AM
Yup, I realised that after posting, it's also the driver's side too, which isn't as common.

Hopefully it's a door/window seal rather than the usual failure.

goader
20-10-2012, 03:56 AM
I had the same problem, the car was only 5 months old. The car ended up in Audi twice. Second time they discovered a leak behind the glove box. They said it was to do with the seal on the bulkhead. They ended up having the car for a week. The wing was removed to rectify the problem. If it is under warranty ask them to take it into their bodyshop.

tourer2
27-11-2012, 08:17 PM
Car now fixed. Cause of water ingress was ' incomplete body sealant at o/s bonnet hinge area' somewhere behind 'fuse block'. Seems to be OK now although I noticed yesterday that owners manuals in glove box have that damp paper feel to them, so will have to keep checking. Car was with the dealer for 2 weeks in total, they gave me a replacement car and a slug of diesel for my car so can't really complain about them. As for Audi quality control, that's not so good.

goader
28-11-2012, 09:10 AM
Glad your problem is now solved. Great site for sharing information.