PDA

View Full Version : jetta 2007 lost power tonight any help

chody
12-10-2012, 09:13 PM
hi, driving along tonight over took a couple of cars at about sixty went through a bend and then no power just flat and very slow no lights on dash , and car drives and starts ok just no boost, but still accelerates very slowly. Hoping to get a code read tomorrow but it was too dark to see anything tonight its a 2.0 tdi 140 BKD engine with 45.000 odd miles and well maintained, any idea what to be looking for would be much appreciated thanks in advance

Doctle Odd
12-10-2012, 09:56 PM
Check all vacuum pipes, scan with vcds this problem is often related to the N75 valve

chody
13-10-2012, 07:33 PM
cheers mate , the car is driving ok today so my mate is getting vagcom tomorrow from work and going to scan he thinks it may maf sensor will let you know what codes come up

chody
14-10-2012, 05:33 PM
my mate came round with a snap-on solus code reader and the only code was a turbo boost over range think it was 0345 or 09345 he cleared it before i had a chance towrite it down but the car has been fine since yesterday , so hopefully not something to worry about , i will see how it goes due a service this month so will mention it to the mechanic