PDA

View Full Version : Sqeaking on my Audi TT

Ants TT
12-06-2006, 03:37 PM
Can anyone help??

I have an 03 reg TT. It has now developed a sqeaking from the front end everytime I go over a speed hump or bumpy road. The dealer told me that my front anti-roll bar bushes are cracking when it had its first MOT. I wonder whether this is causing the sqeaking sound???

Its strange though, because I have had two idependent garages look at it and can't find a problem with the anti-roll bar or the bushes.

Has anyone else experienced the same problem or know what it is??

Ant

medusa
05-07-2006, 02:04 PM
Hi, I believe that your dealer is right about the cause of the squeaking noise. I have a 2002 Golf GT Tdi 150 which is doing exactly the same thing. Fortunately I have an extended warranty on my vehicle and have just had this diagnosed by Martin's of Andover. The car goes in next week once it is returned from the body shop (damage courtesy of Sidlow, Gatwick - see Golf forum, Servicing nightmare). I'll let you know if this cures the problem.

Fi

andy_b
05-07-2006, 07:12 PM
My golf mk4 had a similar problem/sound I changed the fromt anti roll bar bushes took about an hour for both sides and is now fine

Ants TT
10-08-2006, 12:07 AM
Thanks to all who posted a thread....I have now worked out what the problem was and like some of you said it was the front anti roll bushes, in particular the drivers side one!!!

You may or may not know...the anti roll bar bushes clamp round the roll bar and then screw to the underneath of the car. The factory fitted bushes have a plastic sleeve over the roll bar and the bushes clamp round that and in turn the roll bar. The problem was...naturally the roll bar will rust slightly, it was the roll bar rubbing against the sleeve that caused the squeek..not as the dealer said the roll bar bushes cracking!!!.

The sleeve was removed from the roll bar and a new bush was applied that did not need a sleeve and bingo!!! problem solved and all for £40.00 not the £700.00 the dealer wanted the fix the problem!!!!

Oh and by the way you do not need to lower the sub frame to access the bushes...again as stated by the dealer!!!

Another problem I have had was a wanted to remove the stereo to find out whether I could connect an i-pod via a direct link rather than an fm tansmitter. The dealer removed the stereo but in the process they pulled the front off the stereo as the stereo's on a TT fit firmly in to the dash. I managed to get my stereo repaired else where for £15.00. They had to re-connect the wires that had been pulled off when the dealer removed the stereo....!!! Beware to all those music/i-pod enthusiasts.

Regards,

Ants TT