PDA

View Full Version : TDIe tyres

moptisam2
10-10-2012, 06:15 AM
Can anyone with a 12 or 62 plate TDIe please tell me the tyre size fitted.

According to the A4 brochure the tyres should be 'low rolling resistance' ones, but is the size still 225 x 50 x R17?

I picked up my new Scuba Blue A4 TDIe 163 PS yesterday (in my opinion a stunning colour) and when at the dealers I asked the salesman to double-check that they are low rolling resistance ones as I thought I had seen the size 255 x 40 x R17 mentioned somewhere - I can't remember where though. He could not say definitely.

I've contacted Continental to ask if the tyre supplied is low rolling resistance, but I haven't had a response yet.

Any help from members will, as ever, be much appreciated.

Thanks

DrNorthy
10-10-2012, 01:20 PM
I have a 12 plate Tdie and the tyres fitted from new are continental. 225/50 R17 94Y contisport contact 3

moptisam2
11-10-2012, 07:48 AM
DrNorthy

Thanks for the information. They are the tyres fitted to my car too. I must have been dreaming about the bigger size.
If anybody is interested in the official EU tyre classification, have a look at The Blackcircles.com Guide to EU tyre labelling | Blackcircles.com (https://www.blackcircles.com/general/tyre-labelling).

Whether the tyres on my car should be classified as 'low' rolling resistance, with a rating of C, is questionable - as there is one Conti tyre with a B rating, but what I am pleased about (here in wet West Yorkshire) is that the wet-braking rating is B.

Now to enjoy the car.