PDA

View Full Version : xenon headlight help please

A4 FFS
09-10-2012, 07:12 PM
Hi there guys hope youre all well?

i have a sort of a problem with my xenon headlamps. well i think its the headlights. on the dash this message appears.

Headlight range control: headlamp converter active. range reduced.

what does this message mean?

i also have highbeam assist on my car, so would this stop the highbeam assist to work?

because i put my hand behind the sensor on the mirror to see if the high beam assist works but nothing happen. or did i have to cover the other sensor on the windsceen too? to make the highbeam assist to work?

i hope some one can help. i did look for a post before i posted this

thank you for looking and helping.

Guest 2
09-10-2012, 07:19 PM
have you been fiddling in your mmi?

press CAR - Exterior Lighting and turn tourist mode (or similar) off

if it doesnt say tourist mode post a pic of the exterior lighting menu

Soot1e
10-10-2012, 06:09 AM
As A6_Chris mentions above your lights are set in Headlamp Convertor mode. In the menu for external lighting deselect "Headlamp Convertor".
From handbook "if the Headlamp Convertor is activated, this is displayed in the driver information system every time the ignition is switched on".

A4 FFS
10-10-2012, 11:37 AM
Cheers mate great help.

no I wasn't messing around with anything.

I had to get my headlights reset so the auto leveling works. I can't really tell if the auto leveling is working to be honest.

Can you tell if the beam goes down or not?
is there away I can tell if my auto leveling is working?
when I start the car it goes down and up.

My auto highbeam is working.

But after I got it reset the dude off tourist mode on vagcom but when you turn the car on it use to come on again.

but thanks for you're help. It's sorted now after I did what you said :)

Thanks dude

Soot1e
10-10-2012, 04:35 PM
I think the only way you will know if the self levelling works is when the system does it's BIT (built in test) as you start the car. If the lamps move up and down the system is working.