PDA

View Full Version : VW Virgin in da house..........

koreanbaz
07-10-2012, 06:50 PM
Not new to forums, but very new to VW's.
If my dad was still alive he would be kicking me out for not buying a Vauxhall.

Anyway I have come to own a VW Passat. Now there are good reason for this choice, and one has finally turned up that fits the bill.
I travel miles with my job and have been using a Megane 1.9 Elegance that i have loved but have struggled with the boot area.

So a 55 plate B5.5 estate 1.9 TDI 130 auto has come my way and having cruise really did the do for me.
a mere 34k miles one owner from a known source, so I hopefully will be a happy man,
Its a dark grey colour and looks like a bigger set of wheels and a tow bar would make me a happier man.

So its hello and welcome from me and the virtual drinks are at the bar.

daft questions to follow.

Guest 2
07-10-2012, 07:04 PM
Welcome to VWAF ;)

JimC64
08-10-2012, 01:57 AM
Hey there and welcome aboard the forum.

Good move on the upgraded wheels..............mine had 15's on it and I added my 17's from my A6 for a wider n meaner stance, really helps.

Please check the fornt wings for possible corrosion.............Its a common fault and if yours is there or thereabouts, there's a FREE fix for it under warranty from VW..........check the corrosion thread in the Passat section for further info my friend.

Good luck

mne666
08-10-2012, 07:57 PM
Hi, How do you find the 130 engine for power at motorway speeds? A diesel may be next for my work car you see and this may be a good choice, It wouldnt be brand new you see

koreanbaz
08-10-2012, 08:18 PM
Hi, How do you find the 130 engine for power at motorway speeds? A diesel may be next for my work car you see and this may be a good choice, It wouldnt be brand new you see

I dont get it until next weekend

mne666
08-10-2012, 08:26 PM
Well that answers that one then :)