PDA

View Full Version : Bora Bulb Size? Hx?

Loofer
13-08-2007, 07:18 PM
Peoples peoples, lend me your ears...

I would like to know what the bulb size is for the headlamps in my Bora. I haven't the foggiest:D (excuse the pun)

I'm considering getting HID conversion but before I go shopping around I need to know the size... might just help!:p

I also have integrated foglights in the headlight cluster unit. Don't know if that makes any difference.

Would a HID conversion kit replace my main beams and sidelights aswell or is it just my dipped lights?

I want to go for the premium look (like those on BMW/Merc/Audi/Porsche etc) so I'm guessing I should go for 4300K or 6000K... what do you reckon?

Any ideas where to purchase from for best value?

What other fcators should I be looking for when shopping around? Contents of kit? Any EU standards? Benchmark price?

Loofer
14-08-2007, 09:47 PM
I can't believe that nobody here would know the answer to my query... or have we all just conspired against me:o

Col
14-08-2007, 09:54 PM
Bora HID conversions are a little trickier than Golf ones as you'll need a bi-xenon setup (I think.... are the dip and main on the same bulb... I don't know much about Boras).

Go to any xenon site and if you know the stock bulb type, you should be able to find out which kit you need.

Loofer
14-08-2007, 09:59 PM
Bora HID conversions are a little trickier than Golf ones as you'll need a bi-xenon setup (I think.... are the dip and main on the same bulb... I don't know much about Boras).

Go to any xenon site and if you know the stock bulb type, you should be able to find out which kit you need.

Thats's it though :( I don't know my bulb size type.

Wouldn't it be great if you could just park up at the edge of a cliff and turn your full beams on into the sky and it produced a sillouhette of your bulbe size.... like the Batman symbol

I'm getting a bit carried away now:1zhelp:

Col
14-08-2007, 11:38 PM
h4

Loofer
15-08-2007, 09:02 AM
h4

Fantastico... thanks Col