PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Lambda Sensor

james_gray
06-10-2012, 04:27 PM
Hi guys,

this is my first post as I only got the car on monday! i got it from the dealer with a warning light for the lambda sensor which they said they would replace for me. I took it to the garage this morning and they said they had replaced the faulty sensor. on the way home the light didnt come on so i thought all was fine. Just went back out in it then and the light came on again straight after starting up! I have the a4 se 2.0 TDi, with 82k on the clock. I am going to be taking the car back to the garage to hopefully get it sorted but was wanting some ideas from you guys what you think the problem may be after they 'supposedly' had replaced the sensor and the light came back on not during the first start-up but the second.

I dont know what the fault codes are, is there a way i can possibly figure this out myself to post on here?

thanks,
James

touranasurus
06-10-2012, 07:26 PM
Hi, have come across this before, normally means the engine is running to rich, could be the auto choke etc or airflow meter, what it is doing is putting "shoot" on the lamda sensor. get someone to plug a vag-com into it and see if there is a code, worst scenario is the engine is burning oil, but at that mileage you would expect it to be OK.good luck

Crasher
06-10-2012, 08:29 PM
What is the year and engine type code, for example CAGB?

james_gray
07-10-2012, 07:09 PM
Its a 2008 reg, not sure what the engine type code is, where can i find this?

In reply to touranasurus, to be honest i do seem to be going through diesel quite quickly, for example i put £20 in last monday and it hid the red line on saturday and i had only done less than 100 miles in between.

Guest 2
07-10-2012, 07:13 PM
Its a 2008 reg, not sure what the engine type code is, where can i find this?

data sticker in your spare wheel well or inside the cover of your service book

james_gray
07-10-2012, 07:27 PM
the engine code is CAGA

Crasher
07-10-2012, 10:54 PM
Probably a faulty DPF pressure sensor fault, a code read will show what the problem is.

james_gray
11-10-2012, 07:28 PM
Probably a faulty DPF pressure sensor fault, a code read will show what the problem is.

This was the problem, all sorted now thanks! :)
The car pulls much better and im getting mpg!

Crasher
11-10-2012, 10:16 PM
I am seeing a number of customers who are coming to me after being told they need a new DPF and every single one is fine again after a new sensor and a forced regen. I think there is some monkey business going on in the trade with DPF's, I recon they are being seen as a bit of a cash cow and its not on!