PDA

View Full Version : Question Electrical fault on drivers door and tailgate

Der Fuhrer
05-10-2012, 02:25 AM
Hi,

When the drivers side door is opened on my Fabia the marker lights on the bottom of the door panel do not turn on, also the interior lights do not activate and if i leave the headlights on the warning tone isn't sounding, it seems the electrics in that door are faulty as the rest of the doors when opened on the car activate the lights as they should. Any suggestions? Is this a common fault?

Also the tailgate will not always open when the car is unlocked unless I open the near side rear door and then it opens fine. Someone told me this is a common fault and I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to cure the problem.

Many Thanks.

Brycie
05-10-2012, 02:39 AM
Have you read some of the 'suggested similar thread' links below on the page? Having looked at them, there's nothing exactly like yours, but there are a few threads reporting problems with central locking/door sensors. One of the suggestions which is always a good idea is to get a VCDS scan done (plenty of people on here who can do it for you fir a couple of beer tokens) and one suggestion which worked for someone else was to disconnect the battery for a few minutes.

Hope you get it resolved & I'm sure other more knowledgable folk will be along tomorrow to offer suggestions.

Cheers,
Paul.

Der Fuhrer
05-10-2012, 03:25 AM
Hi Paul,

I will have a look through the links you suggested, I think dissconnecting the battery for a few minuets will be a good place to start. My girlfriend also has a Fabia and her's has the same problem so hopefully there will be an easy fix.

Thanks for the great response,