PDA

View Full Version : A5 2.7 V6 Cylinder Numbering?

j007jim007
02-10-2012, 05:21 PM
Evening all,

I've just been into the garage with my engine management light on to find out the glow plug on number 6 cylinder head needs to be changed. Clearly I want to do this myself but wanted to know if anyone can advise how they are numbered when lifting the bonnet.

Kind Regards

Jimmy

AdCol
05-11-2012, 11:11 PM
Jimmy,
I've just joined up so that I can answer you.

I've just been browsing to find same for my A6 3.0 Tdi Quattro Le Mans Avant - apparantly it is as follows and I found this in 2 different answers so it seems to be correct BUT perhaps you can verify it yourself.

3 - 6
2 - 5
1 - 4
front of car

i.e. 3 is 'above' drivers feet and 6 above passengers stillettos!! :biglaugh:

Let me know how you get on and any tips as I need to sort my Cyl 2 plug.

Adrian
A6 3.0 Tdi Quattro Le Mans Avant
A6 2.4 se Avant

j007jim007
09-11-2012, 04:09 PM
Hi Adrian,

Thanks for signing up, you were right and I've changed the glow plug. :)

Only issue now is another error has been thrown up this time its the manifold sensor? Apparently a £500 part! Not sure what to do now as the engine mgt light is still on and want to get rid of it without the expense.

Many thanks

Jimmy

AdCol
09-11-2012, 04:23 PM
Jimmy,
no worries - good luck with the new issue!

Was changing the glow-plug easy? I need to do one myself. Any tips or advice would be great. If you know of a thread that walks you through it even better.

slainte,
Adrian

j007jim007
09-11-2012, 11:24 PM
I'll be honest I got a friend to do it, I'm seeing him tomorrow so will ask for you, it only took a minute so don't think it was anything challenging.

Good luck with it! I'll try and get you the answer.

Nev Simpson
11-11-2013, 10:15 PM
Jimmy,
I've just been browsing to find same for my A6 3.0 Tdi Quattro Le Mans Avant - apparantly it is as follows and I found this in 2 different answers so it seems to be correct BUT perhaps you can verify it yourself.

3 - 6
2 - 5
1 - 4
front of car

i.e. 3 is 'above' drivers feet and 6 above passengers stillettos!! :biglaugh:

Let me know how you get on and any tips as I need to sort my Cyl 2 plug.

Adrian
A6 3.0 Tdi Quattro Le Mans Avant
A6 2.4 se Avant

Brilliant information Adrian, my 3.0 V6 has started misfiring today, plugged in my OBD tool and got a a fault on cylinders 3 + 6. At least I now know which is which.
Even better, I just found the garage receipt from September saying the garage replaced the two coil packs on these two pots.

Thanks again for the info.

Nev

Lukenkarl
12-11-2013, 09:42 PM
Only issue now is another error has been thrown up this time its the manifold sensor? Apparently a £500 part! Not sure what to do now as the engine mgt light is still on and want to get rid of it without the expense.

Try this Audi V6 TDi 2.7 & 3.0 Inlet Manifold, Swirl Flap Repair Kit. (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?140390-Audi-V6-TDi-2-7-amp-3-0-Inlet-Manifold-Swirl-Flap-Repair-Kit&highlight=swirl+flaps)