PDA

View Full Version : Hi all Passat 03 towbar

iancardie
13-08-2007, 11:33 AM
Hi all.
I have bought a PCT towbar which was taken off a 2004 estate and mine is an 03 estate. I have downloaded the instructions of the PCT website. There are 2 things i am unsure about. It mentions to remove an aluminium crossbeam, is this the beam that bolts to the end of the chassis beams and if so does the crossbeam of the towbar replace it. Also the side bracket looks like it will fowl the exhaust support bracket is there a way around this.

Thanks

Ian:beerchug:

Ben
13-08-2007, 01:34 PM
yes the towbar will replace the crossbeam.

Can't advise on the exhaust.

Welcome to the forum.

i fitted my own bar to my mk5 golf and pp241 fitted his own to his passat. all this info can be found via the links in my sig, below

iancardie
18-08-2007, 04:47 AM
Thanks for the info.
It makes sense now. I have since seen one fitted to another estate.

Cheers

golf tdi 02
18-08-2007, 09:06 AM
welcome to the site

:beerchug::beerchug:

jamietdi
20-04-2009, 09:15 PM
Hi all.
I have bought a PCT towbar which was taken off a 2004 estate and mine is an 03 estate. I have downloaded the instructions of the PCT website. There are 2 things i am unsure about. It mentions to remove an aluminium crossbeam, is this the beam that bolts to the end of the chassis beams and if so does the crossbeam of the towbar replace it. Also the side bracket looks like it will fowl the exhaust support bracket is there a way around this.

Thanks

Ian:beerchug:
hi,do you-jamie know if the estate and saloon towbars are different