PDA

View Full Version : Question Thinking of upgrading to Quattro from 2wd

MarkBS
28-09-2012, 11:38 AM
Checing out a newer B8 TDi Quattro however this car does not have 'Hill Hold Assist' installed and my old B8 does. Is it an easiy 'dealer fit' upgrade or is it needing loads of extra new parts. On brand new orders it is onlg a GBP 45 'option'. Thanks in advance for assistance, Mark

Guest 2
28-09-2012, 10:01 PM
How To Audi Hold Assist retrofit (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?133293-Audi-Hold-Assist-retrofit) :)

MarkBS
29-09-2012, 06:51 PM
Thanks for the info Chris, much appreciated. I see that it 'can' be done...I was wondering if this could be a 'dealer fit' option or is it realisticly a 'factory' option?
Mark

Guest 2
29-09-2012, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the info Chris, much appreciated. I see that it 'can' be done...I was wondering if this could be a 'dealer fit' option or is it realisticly a 'factory' option?
Mark

Dealers can only retrofit items if they have been made into an official retrofit from Audi Germany and I doubt the hill hold will be one of those.

As you can see though it can be retrofitted at home ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

porty
01-10-2012, 05:47 AM
I appreciate that the standard electronic handbrake doesn't perform the same function as the hill hold assist, but you can at least use it to assist with hill starts.