PDA

View Full Version : Leaks.... (New Owner!)

SiJ2000
13-08-2007, 05:56 AM
Hi All,

I have got hold of a demo EOS which I should get in a couple of weeks... It was registered in March 07...

I have heard that the seal design was changed then.... (In the UK)

How do I know if it is last of the old, or first of the new design?

I am worried now...

I am reading so many posts about the leaks, it is starting to worry me very much!!!

Someone please reassure me!!

I'm getting a 2.0T FSI, DSG.

Thanks

S

Ben
13-08-2007, 09:53 PM
The dealer should be able to tell you exactly what work has been carried out on the car. If its an ex demo than i would of thought that it would have the new seal so that prospective customers don't see the leaks.

Even if it hasn't had a new seal, they should put one on for you as a good will thingy or at least on the warranty.

a8 tech
13-08-2007, 09:55 PM
Just buy the a4 cab its so much better and i have never had a single water leak issue.

Ben
13-08-2007, 10:09 PM
something has to be said about the look of a hard top convertible. I'd personally take the eos over the a4 cab reason being, the hard top offers a little more defence from knives cutting the roof. Albeit rare.

a8 tech
13-08-2007, 10:16 PM
The hard top doesnt justify its disapointing build quality,where as the a4 is the best in its class by a long way.Belive me i still have strong contacts with vw workshops,say no more

Ben
14-08-2007, 07:10 PM
one weekend i may go for a test drive in an A4. Just because i can:D

lesleystoddart
14-08-2007, 07:51 PM
Hi

Sorry to see no-one has been able to reassure you!

As someone who has had the misery of a leaky Eos and been through the rejection process, I can't offer you any reassurance.

However I would say it seems to be a hit or a miss regardless of when your Eos was manufactured. I had heard too that the seals were changed sometime in March (ours was registered on the 1st March) but our local dealer couldn't confirm this, in fact, he was totally ignorant to the whole leaky Eos situation!

If it is an ex-demo, and assuming the dealer is still using it as one, why don't you ask him to demonstrate that it doesn't leak. A simple hosepipe test is all it will take. Better still, borrow it as a demonstrator for the day and test it yourself.

I have dealt with VW HO when we rejected our Eos and in their opinion, no leak is acceptable. If your Eos leaks, no matter how little, be sure you can live with the problems before you accept it.

I hope you are one of the lucky one's who have many happy Eos motoring years!

Steve3
14-08-2007, 11:22 PM
My Eos was !st March. I have never had a problem with leaks.
Its a super car, don't be put off a few people.

Steve3

joolzh13
15-08-2007, 11:50 AM
I rejected my first Eos and my second Eos had leaks and squeaks however its probably the best looking, best built, best drive, best eye catching motor I have ever owned and let me tell you that I used to change my car rather than renew a six month tax disc!

The Eos is certainly the mutts nutts in my opinion.

I think if your geeky enough to log onto a forum then your into cars I think people who dont really take an interest in cars are as envious as hell when they see my car, the dont know what it is, if the roof is up they are suprised when the roof is taken off and I have had so many compliments at petrol stations and supermarkets in particular.