PDA

View Full Version : phaeton ecu major problem after remap

saorsa
24-09-2012, 10:39 AM
had a disaster after using an Alientech powergate Remap . it appears the ecu is completely cleared.
to cut a long story short , Alientech italy supplied a file that has wiped my ecu , i took a read of the car as requested and sent them a file , they in turn sent back a file that when i tried to load it would not go past three quarters
When i tried to load the original file it would not accept it as a result car will not recognise the ecu
the tuners have sent a BDM read of the ecu back to Italy who have said the powergate gave an incomplete read of the car which i find strange given that it would accept their file .
below is the missing part of the file that according to Alientech that they need to make a mix file that MIGHT work , in your experience is it goosed ?
i have a 2004 /2005 Phaeton 3.0 ltr diesel 4 motion

it says in the email below

there is a big problem, on this ecu has been programmed a partial file read by Powergate with BDM
- Powergate read and write partial file from address 0x180000 to 1FFFFF
- BDM read and write full file from address 0x00000 to 1FFFFF

So in this file is missing flash area from address 0x00000 to 0x40000, without this flash portion we can’t fix your file.
Now we are searching a compatible file among our collaborators to fix your file…

Thanks Greg