PDA

View Full Version : 2013 A3 Sportback ordered

PjDali
23-09-2012, 11:55 PM
Having had a recent test drive of an A4 and the new A3 last weekend, a Volvo V40 a few weeks before and a subsequent longer test drive of the new A3 on Saturday, my wife and I decided to take the plunge and order a new 2013 A3 Sportback this morning.

My wife felt the A4 felt just too big and she wasn't too comfortable driving it (pity cos I liked it) and whilst the V40 was very nice indeed and was a possibility, we both agreed the new A3 was such a lovely car to sit in and it ticks the right boxes for us.

Must admit it felt a little odd ordering a car I'd not had the opporchancity to actually see and drive before ordering, but I really like what I've seen of the New A3 so reckon we've done the right thing.

So I've ordered a 1.4tfsi in Sport trim and I must admit the showroom model in Monsoon Grey was stunning so have opted for the same. Also added Comfort Pack, Luggage & Storage Pack, Audi Sound System and Kinetic Design 5 arm wheels. It would seem SD Sat Nav is a freebie from Audi for early orders which was a nice bonus as I'd not likely pay £500 for it :o

Interior of the new A3 did seem a little bit strange when I first sat in it I admit, as my first thoughts were it's so different from my own A3 Sportback. A second test drive and a right good look around it again today meant any lingering initial doubts I had about it were blown away.

Looking forward to seeing the A3 Sportback in the flesh now ;)

kodkod.84
25-09-2012, 11:06 AM
Weren't tempted by the new S3 then? :)

Enjoy and get some pics up when it arrives

Guest 2
25-09-2012, 11:16 AM
I was impressed with the pre production model Belfast had in for demo.

There's a thread in this section with a small write up.

PjDali
25-09-2012, 05:25 PM
Weren't tempted by the new S3 then? :)

Enjoy and get some pics up when it arrives

Ha.....as much as I'd love an S3 I doubt budget woudl have stretched that far :Blush:

PjDali
25-09-2012, 05:42 PM
I was impressed with the pre production model Belfast had in for demo.

There's a thread in this section with a small write up.

Cheers I've had a look over that thread.

Must admit I've read as many reviews or articles I could find on the new A3 before test driving and ordering and seems like some mixed reviews out there from current A3 owners which is interesting.

For me Audi can't win sometimes as if they'd radically altered the shape and style of the new A3 Range some folks would love it and some inevitably would hate it, so for me the fact the overall shape \ size has remained fairly close to the current range is a good thing, but for me it's the totally revamped interior which I reckon is a brave move. I think the interior is a nice place to be.

I'm sure some folks will be put off buying the new model as the dash is kind of minimalist but each to their own, if all we all liked the same things life would be awfy boring :beerchug:

davidjackson
21-11-2012, 03:09 PM
Hey guys! Newbie here..got my own S3 as well. I've literally spent countless hours reading reviews online (apart from occasional visit to various showrooms) before buying this car of mine. Haven't had any problems so far. I agree with PjDali on the interior. Enjoying the cool look on it. :)

glen_a4turbo
16-12-2012, 11:42 AM
Hi mate and congrats on ordering your A3, I've just ordered the same but in beluga brown and s-line trim as a company car, being in that position i dont have a clue when i will recieve it or any details on lead times. Was you advised a rough guide time of release as I am itching to find out...???

PjDali
17-12-2012, 12:30 AM
Nice choice you must be well chuffed.

. Would be curious to see Beluga Brown in the flesh. I once owned a 8th gen civic and it was Galaxy Grey but was in between brown and grey. i loved it from pics of Beluga might be similar.

Must admit if I'd the extra dosh I would home for the S-Line as the xenon lights really make the front of the car not to mention the other nice bits the S-Line brings but ill need to make do with Sport trim and a couple of options :-) either that or my wife will probably throttle me.

Just found out last week I'm build week 5 so hopefully will be driving the new car early March. Can't wait.

glen_a4turbo
17-12-2012, 01:18 AM
Im guessing I will be a few weeks after you then. Lets hope for mid march, new car, new plate n all that... Sport is still nice. S-Line brings out the boy racer in me... (For a second) then I realise I have to put the car seat in...

Gweneira
19-01-2013, 02:37 PM
Anyone have any idea what the lead times are like at present. I have just ordered the sportback as my new company car.

PjDali
21-01-2013, 01:57 PM
Anyone have any idea what the lead times are like at present. I have just ordered the sportback as my new company car.

Not sure to be honest.

I'd ordered my SB back in Sept and was given build week 4 by my dealer at the turn of the year.

With info I've picked up from Audi-sport.net I'm assuming it'll be a good 2-3 months from point of ordering anyways for a new SB order as that seems to be the case with A3 orders just now.

mjcourtney
21-01-2013, 02:34 PM
I ordered a Sportback S-line in November and I have a build week of 17, which is 22nd April. I understand there are some delays on S-line at the moment (roof rails apparently!) which may explain why they are taking longer. I'm optimistic it will be bought forward once production gets fully underway.

Gweneira
21-01-2013, 08:52 PM
Thanks for the tips, I am hoping to get some indication on when to expect my SB in the next couple of days but it looks like June potentially. I am sure it will be worth the wait though :o

james_tiger_woo
11-02-2013, 05:03 PM
I'm going to probably order a sportback as I've been going through my options a LOT - I've tested a Golf (boring) a V40 (boot too small) and the Civic is coming on Friday - all 3 day tests - If I like the Civic, it'll be ordered as it's the top spec model.... The A3 is, however, a lovely car.

However, can anyone comment on how the boot space compares to a Mk6 Golf?

PhilR
12-02-2013, 05:31 PM
Sounds like you're going to order the Civic to me! I believe the Sportback boot is the same size as the mk7 Golf, which is 40l bigger than the mk6 Golf.

I'm not sure which Civic you're after but there's a good group test in this months What Car against the Golf, Focus And Auris. The Civic is the 1.6i-dtech SE. It came last with 3 out of 5 'good in some areas but very flawed in others'. They like the performance, huge boot, clever seats and price, but don't like refinement, level of kit, headroom or dashboard.

james_tiger_woo
12-02-2013, 05:53 PM
Have you got a link to it?

And it's the top spec EX with leather, Nav, etc.

The A3 was solid when I sat in it - We'll see how the Civic stacks up

ALPORTER
15-02-2013, 08:54 PM

I have just ordered mine and have been told it will be delivered in April which was a nice surprise. I like toys on cars so have basically ordered every extra except the exclusive colour. That's the bit I'm torn on. I have ordered a 2.0 tdi s-line but torn between phantom black and Daytona grey.

I struggled to negotiate a discount, did anyone else manage?

PhilR
15-02-2013, 09:54 PM
So far £1600 off the 2.0 tdi s-line. Looking for more. Oh, and Daytona is the best colour for me....by miles.

amack71
16-02-2013, 12:21 AM
So far £1600 off the 2.0 tdi s-line. Looking for more. Oh, and Daytona is the best colour for me....by miles.

You thinking of ordering one too Phil? Drivethedeal is showing £1600 odd discount, is that where you got your price from? Audi are doing free sd card sat nav on sport, sline models till June. I might try and switch my a6 avant for one of these, they look like a mini a4 avant from the rear, nice car. Although high demand might make it hard to get discount especially for me as over here in norn Ireland we only have one dealer.

ALPORTER
16-02-2013, 12:45 AM
Yeah I have gone for Daytona. I was offered the free sd card nav upgrade or a £1000 off the comm pack, I opted for the latter. Other than that, Coventry Audi won't offer me any other deal. I have already paid my deposit but haven't had the car "confirmed" yet. Can I still shop around?

PhilR
16-02-2013, 08:17 AM
You thinking of ordering one too Phil? Drivethedeal is showing £1600 odd discount, is that where you got your price from? Audi are doing free sd card sat nav on sport, sline models till June. I might try and switch my a6 avant for one of these, they look like a mini a4 avant from the rear, nice car. Although high demand might make it hard to get discount especially for me as over here in norn Ireland we only have one dealer.

The local Audi dealer ordered one for us in November, initially for my wife, on the basis that they'll sell it to someone else if we don't want it if we can't strike a deal, or if we decided on the Golf. My wife opted for the Golf GT TDi instead but I'm tempted to swap my A6 Avant for it. I've only had it 9 months but have not been doing the miles I thought. My only concern is the rear leg room behind me as I'm 6 ft 4. It'll be fine for adults but my 2 girls may not be quite big enough to sit comfortably. I'll decide when I test drive it, but may well hold back a year.....the 184bhp version is tempting, as is the S3!

Mine is an s line 2.0 TDI in Daytona with SD nav, comfort pack, roof rails, tp monitor, nappa leather and dab.

My start point is always the drive the deal price, which is showing nearer £2.5k at the moment. If I get that deal it will be a straight swap for my Avant.

Mine is build week 8 so need to decide soon!

james_tiger_woo
16-02-2013, 08:53 AM
Sounds good - rear legroom would always be compromised at 6'4". It works for me but I'm a short **** at 5'8" :)

amack71
17-02-2013, 04:56 PM
I really like the quality of my A6 avant but it's looking a bit dated now, my finance isn't up until December this year so I'm hoping for a nice deal (not likely with an a6!) despite the shed load of A 3's they seem to be taking orders for. Main reason to change to the a3 is the size(better for my wife-her words)and better fuel economy-currently 34mpg in the a6. I'm 6' so I don't think it should be too cramped but I'm going to the dealer this week so ill see then.

markjames
20-02-2013, 10:14 PM
Ordered 3 door A3 S line, 1.6TDI auto two weeks ago - anyone know the lead times for delivery at the moment? Cheers!

PjDali
21-02-2013, 02:31 PM
I reckon lead time would be 2-3 months based upon folks noting their build weeks etc on Audi-sport.net but that might depend on model and options selected.

cucumber
02-03-2013, 12:04 PM
Have ordered Sports Suspension on 18 inch S-Line, new to audi and only test driven the A3 on 18 inch sport.

Seriously thinking of de-selecting sports suspension for a comfy ride. Does anyone care to comment on the Audi ride quality?

Also fitting towbar for a 3-bike carrier.

ALPORTER
02-03-2013, 08:45 PM
Have ordered Sports Suspension on 18 inch S-Line, new to audi and only test driven the A3 on 18 inch sport.

Seriously thinking of de-selecting sports suspension for a comfy ride. Does anyone care to comment on the Audi ride quality?

I have ordered sline with sline suspension. I test drove it first. It was fine for ride quality and great on the corners.

onemanparty
03-03-2013, 07:26 PM
My god not posted in a year work to busy. I just order the New A3 Sportback 1.8T Sline come on May

amack71
08-03-2013, 12:23 AM
Ordered 1.6 SE Sportback with xenons, comfort, privacy and a couple of other small extras. Got it just in time for the free sd sat nav. No idea on delivery, should be sometime in June!

glen_a4turbo
20-03-2013, 06:22 PM
Just for an indicator. My company have ordered my A3 2 weeks ago and the agent has phoned me to say that it would be in stock 23rd August!!!. I knew I would have to wait but didn't realise that long. Either the demand is going crazy or beluga brown is causing a hold up...!!!

glen_a4turbo
20-03-2013, 06:24 PM

Fyii mate, just got an email from my agent to tell me that the sport suspension is no longer a factory option....?? I think maybe the reviews have got to Audi and they have decided to stick to the std setup.

timfields
28-08-2013, 12:52 PM
I ordered my new Company Car A3 Sportback Sport 2.0TDi Ice Silver with comfort pack, roof rails and B&O Sound system early July and was initially given a date of 15th November, however that has subsequently changed to 21st October

chippy1970
28-08-2013, 05:52 PM
Fyii mate, just got an email from my agent to tell me that the sport suspension is no longer a factory option....?? I think maybe the reviews have got to Audi and they have decided to stick to the std setup.

Sounds good :) we put our order in today and I wasn't sure whether to worry about the suspension set up or just leave it as it comes. I never asked but I thought it comes in sport set up if you order a sport model . Standard would be fine as I've only test drove the standard se version.

Edit: just realized the above is an old post maybe things have changed.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

chippy1970
03-09-2013, 07:40 PM
Just had an email from our dealer. Our car has been built and is now at the port waiting to ship wooooo hoodoo! :)

Anyone know how long it can take from this point to delivery day ??

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2