PDA

View Full Version : Question TT 2.0 coupe "service due" indicator reset.

vstevenson
23-09-2012, 08:20 AM
Hi guys, just popped over from the Passats to ask a question on behalf of a mate. He has opted to go for independent servicing which is fine as far as it goes as he uses a chap that has a good reputation and is respected and trusted.Problem is that this garage is unable to switch off the "service due" message.
The handbook apparently says "the service due indicator can only be reset by a VW Audi technician at the time of the oil service" or words to that effect.
I also use the same garage for my 2006 Passat and the service reminder indicator is not an issue as I have it serviced annually and when the message eventually appears I just perform a SRI reset with my VCDS (latest software updated), one day I will count the actual number of days to service and set it accordingly so it comes up at around the right time. I have tried to do a SRI reset on the TT but had no luck - am I missing something??. We have also tried the "press and hold" technique with the dash buttons but I think this TT is too new for that to work. Does anyone know how to switch off or reset the "service due" indicator ???:1zhelp:

Guest 2
23-09-2012, 09:18 AM
Do it via the SRI Reset on VCDS

Doctle Odd
23-09-2012, 09:33 AM
longlife or fixed interval? you can do the fixed interval without vcds

Doctle Odd
23-09-2012, 09:47 AM
longlife or fixed interval? you can do the fixed interval without vcds
For fixed interval reset. Switch ignition on. Pull and release the button below the speedo. The word service will appear. Within 5 seconds pull the button again and hold it until SERVICE IN __M/KM__DAYS appears. Release button, ignition off, job done

vstevenson
18-10-2012, 10:08 PM
SRI reset don`t work, pulling and pressing knobs don`t work. It is a 2007 (2008MY?) with maybe a UDS cluster??, any hints chaps??

Doctle Odd
18-10-2012, 10:43 PM
VCDS or a main dealer at 80.00 a pop!