PDA

View Full Version : I have a few problem with my A4 B8. Any help would be great thanks

A4 FFS
20-09-2012, 08:35 PM
Hi there guys, I have a 2009 2.0T s line a4 b8 which is on 59plate

I bought this car off copart last week, so it was damaged.

The parts are getting sprayed so the car should be on the road this weekend as I do all the work my self.

The problem am having is that I can't remove the pins from the headlight connector

how do you remove the pins. Because two weires broke off and the pins are still in the connector. So I need to take the pins out. Does any one know how to do this?

Pin 1 and pin 2, the two weires came out from them two pins. And what are them two pins for?

Because the headlight xenon / shutter, LEDs and indicator all work.

Next problem is, the engine keeps reving up to 1 and then goes down.
So I will check the spark plug leads etc. engine light did come on but when back off.

Any one had this problem.

I did my search before posting any thing.

I Could only find stuff for older model audi's

Damage of the car
Just panel damage.
Starts/runs and drives
no air bags gone off

If I don't make sense am sorry

Best regards
ash

SunnyBard
20-09-2012, 10:43 PM
I can't remove the pins from the headlight connector

how do you remove the pins. Because two weires broke off and the pins are still in the connector. So I need to take the pins out. Does any one know how to do this?

I've not had to unplug my headlights, but are there any pink/purple pieces of plastic in the connectors? if so see if they'll slide or lever to a different position to 'unlock' the connector - seems to work like that on other connectors I have had to remove.

A4 FFS
21-09-2012, 09:39 AM
I've not had to unplug my headlights, but are there any pink/purple pieces of plastic in the connectors? if so see if they'll slide or lever to a different position to 'unlock' the connector - seems to work like that on other connectors I have had to remove.

Thanks for the reply dude. I remember on the year before models piece of plastic use to slide out the connector.

Well on this connector there is pink plastic box and there is down facing arrow so i push it down, so the pins should unlock as I heard a click. but the pins dont come out haha.