PDA

View Full Version : VAG COM reset tonight - Airbag light module Golf 4 - Beer/££ paid!

reggie_mk
19-09-2012, 09:27 AM
Morning all,

In short I have a 1JO 920 946 CX cluster on a golf 4 2003 TDI. I changed the bezel on the cluster as it was cracked (2 torx bolts and some clips and it was changed over). I unplugged the battery, disabled the alarm etc as mentioned in Haynes. (Followed to the letter)

When I had changed the bezel and refitted the cluster It threw the yellow airbag symbol and 'airbag fault on the LCD.'

Listers could not reset the fault (quoted £780 for a newie in the process) and I have read a VAG-COM reset specific to the fault code is required.

Can someone give me a hand tonight if possible (or at least shed some further light on the issue). I will come to you.

I know this has probably been covered to death but this is an urgent request.

Go easy on a newie!

Cheers,

James

Oh I am in Banbury, will travel 50ish miles.

Cheers

Update:

The only connectors I disconnected were the two at the rear of the cluster. I probably had the seat all the way back to do the work. Listers told me their guided fault finding system had the ability to clear the fault but as soon as they cleared it, it would re-appear. The software they were using pointed the root cause to the dash pod.

Any other clues?

towcestervag
21-09-2012, 06:46 PM
can do code read for you and diag the fault
im in northampton but work in mk and towcester areas mainly was in banbury last week!
im about tuesday onwards if thats any help
pete towcestervag 07711 523638

reggie_mk
27-09-2012, 09:15 AM
Sorry had visitors this week.

towcestervag, would you be available this Saturday for a diag and reset?

towcestervag
28-09-2012, 05:09 PM
sorry but not avail this weekend
give us a call 07711 523638 and could arrange something

reggie_mk
09-10-2012, 12:59 PM
sorry but not avail this weekend
give us a call 07711 523638 and could arrange something

Hey mate,

Any chance we could tee up a scan/diagnosis and reset this week? I tried calling but couldn't get through.

Many thanks,

James

towcestervag
09-10-2012, 06:24 PM
Hey mate,

Any chance we could tee up a scan/diagnosis and reset this week? I tried calling but couldn't get through.

Many thanks,

James
im in mk later this week
give us a call in evening and will arrange to meet