PDA

View Full Version : Attention 1.8t aeb boost gauge fitted (temporary). what psi or bar does your run?

rya4
16-09-2012, 07:22 PM
Hi fitted a boost gauge today to my a4 b5 1.8t aeb . Boost gauge shows 0.5 bar flat out i just wonderd what others were getting?. ive read threads that say standard is around 7-8 psi which i thinks is around 0.5 bar i think isnt it? I was quite surprised by this as had 1.8t golf mk4 agu which was standard i thought apart from a forge 007p and airfilter and it hit 1.0 to 1.5 bar of boost . Was desprate to fit the boost gauge had nothing to cut the air vent with so butcherd it with pliers and a lighter feel free t0 laugh!18030 will get to the scrappy and grab a new vent and cut it proper soon whooops:biglaugh:

norcostreet
09-10-2012, 07:26 PM
0.5 bar (7 psi) is normal for a 1.8t (150). I thought it was low when i fitted my boost guage but its completely normal. The 1.8t engine isnt a powerful engine but can last for a long time with stock parts. Ive been told that after the basic remap, the boost goes to 1.0 bar (14 psi) but if the turbo is 100k+ mileage, it wont last long.

I got a spare central vent from scrapyard and put the guage in the center part. I got the plasma one off ebay so you dont have to run a fat air hose through anywhere, just a thin wire. Connected mine upto the FPR and had no issues for last 4000 mile.

norcostreet
10-10-2012, 09:41 PM
This is my ebay bought plasma gauge built into my central vent. Its hooked up to the vent illumination wire so it only works with the sidelights on. Not a bad thing but im going to relocate the connection to the ignition wire in fuse box, that way the gauge comes on with the turn of the key.