PDA

View Full Version : a4 turbo blown b8 61 plate

113brucey
16-09-2012, 07:10 PM
hi my boss has company car audi a4 61 plate 136ps engine diesel (the cheap road tax one) he has 33.000 miles on clock was in aberdeen on tuesday and heard a noise like whineing from car . took it to audi to check ?they said its was a posible turbo bearing ?but to run car until they can properly check noise if it gets worse . anyway driven car heading for perth and on way down motorway with cruise control set at 80 mph and all of a sudden the car went to 30mph and on limp mode looked in mirror and could not see behind car thick thick smoke . then car cut out . he then checked oil level on mmi and it showed empty . he phoned the aa who then recovered car to perth audi.they had car for 2 days and phoned my boss to tell him its was ready he went to pick car up and was told the car got a new turbo . a turbo boost valve ??? a new starter motor and battery ???why would you fit starter motor and battery ?????audi said when turbo blows the engine shuts down and frys starter motor and battery ??to avoid people trying to start vehicle with blown turbo .

is this normal im a motor mechanic and have never heard this before ??? anybody else no anything about this or is audi scamming warranty

cheers brucey

c.grex
16-09-2012, 08:19 PM
Sounds rubish to me! But I only guessing.

113brucey
18-09-2012, 05:56 PM
any body else no anything

thescouselander
18-09-2012, 09:43 PM
Yes, utter rubbish. Why would Audi design the car to damage the starter and battery to prevent a restart when the same effect could be archived with a few lines of code in the ecu?

113brucey
20-09-2012, 10:41 PM
just seen the job sheet for warranty today and yes all the parts was on it ?????????