PDA

View Full Version : Question A4 1.8 tfsi (120) or new A3 Sportback

PjDali
15-09-2012, 10:00 PM
Looking for any thoughts \ opinions on what I'm thinking about.

I've an 2010 A3 Sportback 1.4tfsi Sport which has been a fantastic car for me and my wife since we put it on the road back in March 2010. I've done approx 11000 miles so far and it's been a crackin car. I does have some added luxuries like the comfort pack, the sound pack and the lighting pack so it's been a joy!

I've just started looking ahead of my A3 Sportback's 3 year birthday and what we will replace it with and I had a look as the new A3 today and whilst I was not expecting it, I must admit it was much better in the flesh than i expected especially with the new A3 car's interior.

So I am thinking it will cost me circa £21k + for a new A3 Sportback 1.4tfsi (2013) in basic Sport trim and having sat in a new A4 saloon today and looked at base trim for a 1.8tfsi SE and all it includes............ I'm thinking.....should I be thinking more about the A4 as I reckon I could haggle the base model \ price to circa £21k and get a lot more car for the money

I do circa 5000 miles a year and hitting 0-60 in less than 10 seconds is not really a big consideration, so are there any A3 to A4 converts out there who could offer their own opinions \ experiences on my thoughts as I've a test drive booked tomorrow to drive an A4 and a new A3 so any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

rizo9
15-09-2012, 11:06 PM
why are you changing at such little mileage per year?

PjDali
16-09-2012, 09:42 AM
I tend to change cars as they hit 3 years old, and always have done. A habit I picked up from my dad I reckon many years ago. I suspect I'm not alone in this habit.

Maybe I would be better served retaining what I own and that may come down to the deals offered on a new car.

c.grex
16-09-2012, 08:31 PM
Your not alone!

I always get told I'm wasting money changing too soon, with so little miles. But I like new cars, although I think I keep the Audi a little longer than the last two (18months)

Anyway, Unless you wait your not going to get a deal on the A3. I think you'll just find one is a hatch, one has a boot! They both will drive well, it's just taste really. I Presonaly don't like cars with boots so would go with the A3!

porty
18-09-2012, 01:02 AM
As the A3 is so new, you will be able to get a deal on an A4 SE that will match the price of an A3. I think the A4 has more presence on the road. I have a 120bhp A4 SE (as well as an S4) and the spec of the SE puts BMWs to shame - climate control, parking sensors etc etc.