PDA

View Full Version : A4 deactivate driving warning time

John Watts
12-08-2007, 02:10 PM
New member, so be gentle! I have an Audi A4 2.0 TDI bought new last year. I have followed the Audi instructions on how to deactivate the driving warning time limit which kicks in after two hours. It appears to accept my deactivation, so think I've solved it. However, every time I drive for two hours the message appears and knocks out the mileage endurance. I am about to do a long trip, alternating driving with my wife and would love to solve the problem as the constant flashing of the warning keeps drawing one's eye to check that there isn't something else wrong! How long does one have to stop the vehicle for the DIS to accept that one has had a long enough break? Help gratefully appreciated.

a8 tech
12-08-2007, 04:26 PM
Press the check button on the dash briefly,then press again for 2 seconds then press the reset button on the mfi switch on the wiper switch.Or pages 46 and 43 of the owners manual.

John Watts
14-08-2007, 04:29 PM
Thanks for the advice. Are you saying that this is what I should do to clear the 2 hour warning when it comes on? On Computer 2, "drive time" is unchecked at the moment, but it still seems to come on regardless.

MarkBS
29-08-2007, 07:01 PM
Hi John, you probably know this already but you can just press the button in on the right stalk, this clears the 2 hour warning. I have my DIS on average MPG and this blanks out with '02:00hrs' but on pressing the button on the right stalk it disappears and shows the ave. MPG again.
Mark