PDA

View Full Version : Question Hi and some help on chrome door trims please

rdo1104
14-09-2012, 02:00 PM
Hi All

First time on here after purchasing a 2003 B5.5 TDi 130. Pretty tidy motor but needs a bit of TLC so I'm hoping you guys can help. I'm willing to have a go at things myself as long as they aren't too challenging but I may need some guidance :p

The first 2 things I've noticed that require attention are the gear knob and gaiter and some damage repair / replace to the o/s rear chrome bump strip on the door. It seems there are a multitude of availbale options for the gear stick so no problem there but can't seem to locate any supplies of the chrome strip apart from a whole kit from the dealer for which they have quoted me nearly £80.00.

Please can anyone advise me of a supplier for the chrome only (or at least somewhere cheaper than the dealer for the whole thing)

Many thanks in advance
Rhys

Toonmania
14-09-2012, 07:18 PM
I'm lead to believe (through info on these forums) the chrome strips are rarely available used as they are stuck to the door and don't come off very easily and so get damaged so there hardly ever available on eBay or used at a breakers so your only option is the bite the bullet and buy it from VW

rdo1104
17-09-2012, 03:27 PM
I'm lead to believe (through info on these forums) the chrome strips are rarely available used as they are stuck to the door and don't come off very easily and so get damaged so there hardly ever available on eBay or used at a breakers so your only option is the bite the bullet and buy it from VW

Thx Toonmania. I suspected that might be the case. Not sure if £80 is justifiable at this stage but maybe in the future

Regards

djmx5
18-09-2012, 08:50 AM
rdo1104

I suspect Tonnmainia is correct. I searched for ages for a replacement chrome door tim to no avail. I eventually bit the bullet of approx £75 from VW but glad I did as it looks fab.
D