PDA

View Full Version : New owner with issues

Widda
13-09-2012, 04:05 PM
Hi everyone,

Recently bought a phantom black sline from wearside Audi, its one an 09 with 16k on the clock. I've had it a week and had it back into Audi already with the ball joint gone and needs replacing. It's getting covered on the warranty obv but I'm not a happy at all :zx11: surely this should of been noticed before they sold it as it could be on the brink. Could this be the start of something?

Guest 2
13-09-2012, 05:26 PM
I'd say it would be a MOT issue rather than their normal checks at service time.

You can book it in for a health check

Widda
13-09-2012, 07:58 PM
Cheers Chris, I got it in today and they have had it all day and they are keeping it over night for work on it tomorrow as well so let's see what they say tomorrow :/

Longdog
13-09-2012, 10:39 PM
I'm sure they'll get it sorted for you, they've always looked after my cars pretty well, good luck anyway may see you in there sometime!

turpal
14-09-2012, 01:15 AM
You would expect a full inspection done from dealer prior to sale where b/joint would have been noticed also 16k is nothing so why is ball joint gone in the first place?Wish you good luck with it as they are lovely and comfy cars,limo class.

Widda
14-09-2012, 01:36 PM
Spoke to them this morning and two bolts on the b/joint had seized and the two rear tyres were cracked :/ so they are replacing them, so might be cheeky and ask for the iPod cable to be put in for my troubles, all in a week of having it

Eshrules
14-09-2012, 01:52 PM
ball joints are hardly the end of the earth - the dealer is fixing them and of no cost to you.

given my own and other experiences, it could have been a hell of a lot worse - count your blessings ;)

Widda
14-09-2012, 05:56 PM
Yeah could be worse, well I'm not getting the car back till Monday now as they haven't got any tyres to replace my back one's till then, so I have an a3 till then and there putting in the mmi box and iPod lead :) I've been lucky,

Eshrules
18-09-2012, 05:19 PM
Did this get sorted?

Widda
28-09-2012, 10:49 PM
yeah it did in the end lol i had it in on the 13th of august which was a thursday and got it back the following monday afternoon. Everything sorted by the dealer and they are putting the ami and ipod connection for me on the 18th of oct, and wont cost me a penny. They said they should of been checked before they sold me it and as it was only a week since i had it they replace everything for free, so am over the moon