PDA

View Full Version : Question Looking at a Touareg TDI Altitude...current A8 owner

n1cka8
13-09-2012, 01:30 PM
Hello VW Touareg owners...I have jumped over from the Audi section for a moment :biglaugh:

I am looking at an Altitude spec 3L Tdi...it's a 56 plate and seems in decent condition with just 48k on the clock. I currently run an A8 Quattro Sport on a 55 plate so I know the 3L is a good one. I use the car for daily work and towing larger twin axle caravan, usually laden with bikes and canoes. The Audi is superb, with air suspension it rides and tows well but I am seeking a little more ground clearance and need a hatch type boot now. I am looking at an A6 allroad also but wanted to get some feedback from Touareg owners. I have read the R5 2.5 is a bit sluggish ??...I like the altitude spec as it seems loaded, but again I have heard various views on spec, SE, SPORT & ALTITUDE ???....

Before I chop the A8 in for an A6 allroad I have always had a soft spot for the VW and wonder how it performs....it has low range and other offroad benefits for towing so I am half way convinced...

If I am looking for things like air suspension, self levelling, parking sensors, sat nav, phone bluetooth, maybe ipod connection, leather seats and roof rails (not essential)....which model should I be looking at....also am concious that newer ones will fall into mega tax bracket ???

Genuine feedback needed here please folks....and if there is interest in a metallic black 55 plate A8 with all the extras there maybe a deal !!!

Thanks very much in advance.