PDA

View Full Version : Shark vs Revo - A6 CR170 TDI

toofunkyhouse
12-09-2012, 03:04 PM
Just after views on Revo and Shark remaps for the 2.0tdi 170. I have an A6 which Im thinking of mapping.Cheers, Rob

toofunkyhouse
17-09-2012, 07:17 PM
Has nobody used these company's?

Sent from my dog and bone using Tapatalk

Sam
18-09-2012, 09:33 AM
I detest people who just say "SEARCH!" but in this case, that's your best bet.

At the foot of this thread is a selection of related threads, have a poke around there too.

Trekmeister
18-09-2012, 10:00 AM
Shark have great reviews they do some very good linear maps. The 170 with a DPF delete will average 215bhp after custom remap but will set you back about £550. Give their headquarters a call in Mansfield and just express an interest they eill answer a lot of your questions on specific requirements.
I know a guy who went with the 170 and he is extremely pleased with results. Drop me a message and ill give you link to his build thread and Shark remap results etc

toofunkyhouse
18-09-2012, 07:16 PM
Cheers guys

Sent from my dog and bone using Tapatalk

gupsterg
18-09-2012, 07:39 PM
I was also looking around at what is the best/better remap for my car as well...

Whilst searching it became clear that people get one remap per car (usually)... so no real way to compare...

When/if they change car they get remap from maybe a different company... again no comparative as different car/remap company...

So I think people choose what is best for the car at that given time for various reasons... eg price/performance gain/what service given (custom/std remap)

ExpertTuning
14-11-2012, 01:23 PM
Hi

As a sponsor on this forum for two years now, I see there still seems to be an understandable amount of 'fud' around the matter of remapping. Little wonder when you go out and find companies that offer twice the power gains of others in the market, or don't properly explain the difference between an economy or a power remap for example.

If you're based in the South East and want to talk through your questions about remapping or what can be done for your car, and want clear explanations or advice in plain English, please don't hesitate to call us. We can help de-mystify the differences between different types of remap, explain what benefits you'd feel after a remap or just answer any of the other questions and issues you might have that are stopping you making a decision, or the right decision, about what is best for you and your needs. We'll also give you honest and impartial advice on the matter of remap v. tuning box as that seems to be a regular and often misunderstood topic.

There's obviously no obligation when you contact us and we can guarantee you'll be a lot clearer about things after your call.

Cheers

Paul

Crasher
14-11-2012, 03:11 PM
My biggest issue with offering remaps from APR is that we are expensive compared to the blokes that tour around in their cars with a lap top and some cheap generic software and I find that people really don't like paying for software, there seems to be a mindset that software should be free.

ExpertTuning
14-11-2012, 05:42 PM
My biggest issue with offering remaps from APR is that we are expensive compared to the blokes that tour around in their cars with a lap top and some cheap generic software and I find that people really don't like paying for software, there seems to be a mindset that software should be free.

The comment regarding the cheap 100% mobile remapper can be very important. Any respectable and professional business should be advertising a business address and land-line number, not just a mobile number. That isn't to say that 100% mobile business with only a mobile number isn't sometimes going to be OK, but ask yourself why there isn't a willingness to let you go to the supplier to have your remap done. If you have no address it may be hard to follow up if problems arise. You can also judge to a large degree when you call the supplier. How well can they explain what they do and how well do they listen to what you want and advise what you need? A remap is a significant investment. Quality suppliers have to pay a lot of money for quality equipment and annual update subscriptions to ensure they are able to safely remap your ECU. They also need to provide custom remaps for each individual vehicle. They should also have motor-trade liability insurance to cover them while they're working on your vehicle. Yes - price is important - but so is quality, good advice and trustworthy after-sales service. As in many trades it is a case of buyer beware! One good thing is that you can bet your bottom dollar that any sponsor here would soon be getting bad reports if they did a bad job.

toofunkyhouse
19-11-2012, 10:33 AM
to be fair no one wants to spend huge ammounts these days but I wont be getting a cheap map. I would like a good quality one that is safe for the car. I now have a few more options, just going to wait until the new year and make my mind up.