PDA

View Full Version : RCD 300 in Jetta

theblackbag
12-08-2007, 08:23 AM
Hello.

I am considering a Jetta as my next car, quick question.

The brouchure describes the RCD 300 cd player as mp3 compatible. Does this mean it is potentially compatible with an mp3 player, or does it actually play mp3 cd's......

Ian.

Ben
12-08-2007, 09:48 AM
It will be able to read mp3's that are in file format on a cd. There is also an option of having an ipod dock or 6 disc cd changer added in the centre console between the front seats. look through the audio assistance thread and you'll see some images to answer your question

BEn

theblackbag
15-08-2007, 03:06 PM
Thanks,

I am trying to avoid having additional devices, I like the fact I can load 650mb worth of mp3's onto a cd and not have to worry about changing discs for a while.

Paul_mkV_golf
17-08-2007, 06:32 PM
Thanks,

I am trying to avoid having additional devices, I like the fact I can load 650mb worth of mp3's onto a cd and not have to worry about changing discs for a while.

I must be one of the few people that don't own an ipod- blank cds are cheap enough to load up with you favourite tracks and you can still squeeze 12-13 albums on each- which is enough for most journeys.

I've just replaced the standard rcd 300 unit in my 54 plate golf with an mp3 rcd 300 unit (baragain off ebay)- one of the best things I've done... Took about 15mins to swap them over + still retains that nice VW blue glow on a night...

Loofer
17-08-2007, 07:47 PM
I must be one of the declining few people that have a 6 disc Changer but never uses it.

Just stick to the Radio

BBC Radio 4 to be precise.
06.30am on my commute to work
Today Programme: James Naughtie, Carolyn Quinn, Edward Sturton or Sarah Montague.

1430 on my way back home I flick between Radio 4 (when Gardeners Question Time is on on some days or it's just some crap drama) and Radio 5 Live. When I sued to finish work at 13.15 it was strictly The Archers on Radio 4 hehe

About 12 months ago when I was at Uni... it was nothing but Galaxy 102 with Nixy, Lyndsey and Irish Alan:p

Used to have a Kenwood MP3 player in my old Rover a few years ago (untill it got nicked) very handy. Just make sure it can play re-writable/re-recordable CDs as you will constantly be updating your CD and adding newer songs.