PDA

View Full Version : mk1 caddy engine swap

stevo.elan
12-08-2007, 01:11 AM
hi all, newbie here. i've just bought a mk1 caddy with a very tierd 1.6 carb engine. i would like to know the best place to look for advice on which engines will fit without to much trouble. i'd like to lose the 4 speed box and fit a diesel or 1.8 or larger petrol with 5 speed and pas. i know i could make almost any engine fit but if there are easy options like compatable driveshalfts, hubs and mounts this would save me time.

thanx in advance, stevo.

stevo.elan
17-08-2007, 05:20 PM
i know its a bit of a newbie question but i've been through the old threads and can't fine anything exact to my caddy. any advice would help.:Blush:

v6dub
17-08-2007, 07:51 PM
It seams to me that when doing a engine swap the most common engine to use is the 1.8T from a golf or bora, you ever looked at putting a 2.8V6 or vr6 engine in, that would be cool

stevo.elan
19-08-2007, 10:57 AM
i've bought the car for 2 of my staff to use as a company vehicle so i want to put in something reliable and fuel efficiant. i have a storm grey navara and i've just sprayed the caddy to match, i think it would addvertise my company better than the usual white box.