PDA

View Full Version : Question Settings/Problems with Xenon Light 2012 Tiguan

ashfields
11-09-2012, 01:52 PM
Anyone out there got the Xenon light option on the 2012 Tiguan facelift - if so please help.
Why can't I get the sidelights to work on the headlamp unit ? I can see them in the lamp unit but they have never worked since I bought the car new 8 weeks ago. When I switch to side lights the LED daylight running lights dim down but nothing else happens (obviously the rear lights come on !). On selecting park lights the relevant lamp unit LED stays on but still no side light. Are the LED running lights a replacement for the sidelights ? and are the actual sidelights I can see in the lamp unit just fitted for decoration !!.
My local VW dealership in Harlow were as confused as I am(although tried very hard) and having played with all the switches and scratched their heads the service managerand a couple of other mechanics could not help me with anything definitive (apparently Xenon headlamps are a rare option). So is this just my Tiguan or is it standard for all the Xenon lights on these vehicles not to utilise side lights.
If you have this option fitted please see if you can get your side lights to come on !!!?
Thanks

Guest 2
11-09-2012, 02:04 PM
Yes your DRL'S dim when you turn the side lights on.

Your DRLs act as sidelights when the switch is turned to sidelights but at a reduced intensity.

There is nothing wrong.

ashfields
11-09-2012, 03:08 PM
Thanks - seems strange to fit something that will never actually operate - s'pose they come off the shelf like that from VAG as a standard unit.
What I can say is that there is very little light coming from the dimed down side light setting from the DRL's. I must say however the light from the Xenon headlight themselves is really fantastic.

kite
11-09-2012, 03:54 PM
I wonder If the lamps in the headlight are for cornering.
A mates first has has lights like this,they come on when turning.

....If only I was as smart as this bloody phone