PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Audi A2, TDI (2004). Everything working, but multiple failures indicated

Mentletv
11-09-2012, 09:37 AM
The dashboard shows a headlight / rear-light bulb failure warning when I press the brake for a few seconds. If the headlights are on a brake light failure is also shown. The glow-plug warning light regularly comes on for a few minutes while driving. (Probably unrelated – the CD player is jammed too).

The problems started when I replaced a non-working brake light with one form an Audi dealer.

The car starts and runs fine. All lights work as they should. Why am I getting so many false indicators? What can I do to fix things?

Thanks.

Sarge786
12-09-2012, 11:27 AM
check the brake pedal switch first, make sure it is working, although can't see why it would affect the headlight.

Cheers
Sarge

The dashboard shows a headlight / rear-light bulb failure warning when I press the brake for a few seconds. If the headlights are on a brake light failure is also shown. The glow-plug warning light regularly comes on for a few minutes while driving. (Probably unrelated – the CD player is jammed too).

The problems started when I replaced a non-working brake light with one form an Audi dealer.

The car starts and runs fine. All lights work as they should. Why am I getting so many false indicators? What can I do to fix things?

Thanks.

Mentletv
14-09-2012, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the tip, the brake lights work fine though.

I spotted today that the front right side-light illuminates when I press the brakes as well.

Sarge786
15-09-2012, 01:35 AM
I would say either you have a wrong type of bulb in somewhere, or there is an earth issue somewhere, check all the bulbs are the correct type for the fittings, and check all earth's are ok. Get a VCDS scan done to see what it says.

Cheers
Sarge