PDA

View Full Version : Please Help 3.0tdi mis-fire

Restless Native
08-09-2012, 04:58 PM
Can anyone throw any light on my problem i.e. is it serious !?

For the last few months my car runs smoothly 99.9% of the time, but very occasionally it seems to mis-fire under acceleration, it's like the car give a small cough, then carries on fine.

During the week I took it on a "progressive" blast from the east coast of Scotland to Skye (about 170 miles) and noticed the problem a few times under hard overtaking. Towards the end of my journey I dropped it in to 2nd and .... nothing. The glow plug light was flashing and the car was in limp mode. I pulled over, switched the car off and on again and it seemed to drive okay again. Did another gentle 250 miles home without any issues.

Does anyone know what the problem could be ?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Guest 2
08-09-2012, 05:40 PM
Get a fault code scan done

avant_adam
08-09-2012, 08:19 PM
Don't know what it is but I too have had the same thing. Like a spark plug failing (unlkelY on a diesel without plugs). It seemed to clear itself through,I assumed it my be something to do with the dpf regenerating. Is that plausible?

I don't have any fault codes relating to it.

Sorry I can't help.

Restless Native
10-09-2012, 08:42 PM
Well I had the car's fault codes read tonight and one of them mentioned a voltage issue with an injector. The codes were reset and the car taken for a wee spin, then checked again and the fault hadn't re-appeared. We'll see how we get on, but I suspect the problem will probably come back .....