PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Alarm

dvg
08-09-2012, 08:26 AM
My car alarm appeared to go off for no reason yesterday. Couldn't find anything that may have set it off. I have no way of knowing if the alarm has been going off overnight as I live in flats so not very close to the car.

Has anyone else suffered a problem with the alarm?

Could of course be a 1 off!

Thanks,

dvg

Guest 2
08-09-2012, 08:31 AM
We're any of your windows open a smidge or one of the doors not closed correctly?

dvg
08-09-2012, 08:44 AM
All doors were definitely shut properly and couldn't see if windows were open. I had just been driving with all the windows down a little before but I shut them with the auto up switch function.

Hopefully it was just a window as I can't be bothered with getting it in to the dealer etc.

Thanks

dvg
19-09-2012, 09:33 PM
Well it's done it a couple of times again, checked windows, doors and if there is anything inside that could set it off. Booked in for Sat 4th October to see if they can find anything.

Only other thing I can think of is the times it has happened I have been nearish a trainline, not that I've noticed a train go by when it goes off.

dvg
21-09-2012, 01:00 AM
Sodding thing. Definitely going off as i type this at 1am. Got to be up in s few hours for work. woke me up and it's down the street. Hope it hasn't annoyed the neighbours too much, worried it'll get keyed !

Is there a way of locking it without arming the alarm?

Brycie
21-09-2012, 01:18 AM
I know this is probably a long shot, but you've not noticed cobwebs in the car have you? I wondered if maybe a spider inside could be triggering the motion sensor. I know on mine you can disable the interior motion sensor by pressing the button on the edge of the driver's door.

Like I said, it's a long shot and probably a ridiculous suggestion, but you hear of these things triggering house alarms.

dvg
22-09-2012, 06:58 PM
Sorted! The dealer, not my local one who were apparently too busy to take it in, said there was an error code etc from one of the sirens. They changed a part just in case and so far so good.

SunnyBard
24-09-2012, 03:54 PM
My car alarm appeared to go off for no reason yesterday.

Not specific to Audi, but I tend to noticce that when car alarms down the street go off "accidentally" it's often cold and/or wet - dunno about your neck of the woods but it's been getting colder and wetter lately ...

theskyfox
02-10-2012, 11:03 AM
My personal favourite is when people in petrol stations lock their car with the windows down..forgetting that there is a 30 second "arm" delay on the alarm. So theyre standing in the queue..just about to pay and their car lights up like a christmas tree on the forecourt beeping and flashing....

-Andrew