PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Skoda Fabia 1.4 EML

harj81
06-09-2012, 01:16 PM
Guys,

wandered if anyone has experienced this before,

picked up a 55plate fabia elegance on saturday and by the end of the day the EML was on,
dealer asked us to get the car diagnosed locally and get him a quote, the car was checked by our local mechanic who found coils 2/3 to be faulty, all 4 coils and plus were replaced but the light has come back and it shows the same error.

the mechanic has tried swapping the injectors round to see if the fault moves but it does not

what else could this be? the only thing I could think of is that we have been supplied faulty coils but that doesnt answer why its the same 2 coils showing an error as before.

any ideas?

w.t100
08-09-2012, 12:51 AM
Fit like, I would get the engine checked ie the compressions of each cylinder.As it may be burnt or leaking valves.Time to cut your losses and take it back??

If in doubt give it a clout!! ... Skoda Wullie

harj81
12-09-2012, 12:49 PM
the car went back to the garage it was purchased from and they have diagnosed the fault as a faulty valvle, and they have replaced all of the valves. picking the car back up later so will report back.

w.t100
13-09-2012, 10:23 PM
I was right then .Give me a shout when you are on the road again.What engine code is your engine for future reff
cheers again,,
Skoda Wullie