PDA

View Full Version : Thrust/MAP sensor V6Tdi 3B6 AKN

Dustcap
02-09-2012, 04:10 PM
Afternoon,

Just tried to fit a new one and failed eppicly! I can get to one of the fixing bolts but t'other is tucked well under the headlight cluster housing and can't get spanner anywhere near it - it appears some major front end dismantling is in order. Is that the case or is there an easy way to do it that I havent spotted? Cheers

adamss24
02-09-2012, 08:29 PM
Take the front bumper off then it's easy to get to the bolts ! What's the fault code as they are very reliable and if you get a code it's usually the turbo gummed up...

Dustcap
03-09-2012, 08:19 AM
IIRC the code on the V-Checker was 'O125 inlet manifold pressure low' , not sure if the actual code is right but definately said 'inlet manifold pressure low'. I have checked all vacuum hoses which seem ok and changed the MAF sensor recently. I drive the car in a pretty lively fashion, mainly motorway miles and windy, hilly mountain roads - very little town driving so it shouldnt be too gummed up.
Its a 4motion, would that make any difference to the access of the MAP? Thanks for the reply.

adamss24
03-09-2012, 08:13 PM
No difference if 4Mo or FWD. You're chasing the wrong issue, it's either the turbo VNT mechanism gummed up or the N75 is faulty and cannot hold boost...Does it go over 80 Mph ?

Dustcap
03-09-2012, 09:00 PM
Ok. Yes it will go faster than that only if I boot it through each gear. Once above around 3000rpm from third gear upwards it seems to pull well as if the turbo is boosting, but not as it should be or used to. Can't go into 6th gear as will go into limp mode, ok in fifth as long as the revs stay above 3K. It also goes into limp mode if I have to slow down and change down gears or when going up a hill with slow people in front. Fuel economy is well down too. Thanks.

Dustcap
08-09-2012, 01:27 PM
I changed an air con hose yesterday which involved removing the bumper so I also tried to do the MAP. I still can't get anywhere near the other bolt, looks like more dismantling is needed. Its difficult to see what needs to come off as everything is connected. I assume the washer bottle has to come out, and the inter-cooler inlet that the map is fixed to. Any more advice please?