PDA

View Full Version : Eagerly anticipating first Audi - a few questions.

eob
02-09-2012, 11:41 AM
Hello all,
migrating over from the VW section since my CC company car went back a couple of weeks ago. Currently commuting in an A5 pool car while I wait for my new co car to arrive.
Took a chance on requesting an A4 Avant Black Edition and to my suprise managed to get it (thanks to my manager and director).
I obviously didn't want to push my luck so I didn't spec any extras but I was just wondering if any facelift owners could answer some questions:

Didn't get the light pack which I would definetly have wanted, no light in glovebox? C'mon Audi. Anyway, does this also mean that there are NO lights at the vanity mirrors? Or do you still get the single light on the roofliner?
Also, without the light pack, does this mean that there are no red LED downlighters in the area behind the rear view mirror?
Last one for now, I've seen online and had a look at a second hand Black Edition Avant and noticed that there is a secondary blind on the load cover which clips into the headliner. Is this a standard option in the avant?

Would loved to have specced MMI and Nav, and in fact would have got these if I had went with the TDIe Tech which was offered, but the Sline and the Black have got the edge on looks. :p

Anyway, hope someone can answer and looking forward to hanging round the section.
Cheers. :biggthump

c.grex
02-09-2012, 02:42 PM
Anyway, does this also mean that there are NO lights at the vanity mirrors? Or do you still get the single light on the roofliner?
No vanity lights, single light with reading lights in the front, and one single light in the back.
Also, without the light pack, does this mean that there are no red LED downlighters in the area behind the rear view mirror?
I'll have another look later, but sure there not there.
Last one for now, I've seen online and had a look at a second hand Black Edition Avant and noticed that there is a secondary blind on the load cover which clips into the headliner. Is this a standard option in the avant?
not sure what you have seen. The pull out parcel shelf is separate to the load net, so you can remove the parcel shelf but leave the net in. The shelf can be pulled back to cover the load area or retracted. You can also lift the shelf towards the roof liner (I like this for loading shopping etc into the car, I tend to forget ive done it and leave it up right in front of the rear view mirror!)

Soot1e
02-09-2012, 03:02 PM
The secondary blind is a net which clips up onto the headliner to stop dogs or loose equipment coming over the back seat. This blind is also removable and can be attached to brackets on the rear of the rear seats when in the folded position, this again prevents loose equipment flying forward if loaded above front seat height level. You will notice a second set of attachment points for the net above the rear grab handles. This is standard equipment on Avants.

eob
02-09-2012, 03:11 PM
Thanks,

the blind I saw was at 90° to the parcel shelf and clipped into the rooflining above the rear seat backs. (Kind of like a dog guard).

Is that the 143 you have? I notice from your sig you get 42MPG. What kind of driving do you do? Mway, rural etc?
I had a 170 in my Passat and got the low 50s on my daily commute. I'm also hoping I don't notice too much of a difference from the power drop.

eob
02-09-2012, 03:13 PM
Thanks Soot1e.
I started typing this reply before your post came in.

c.grex
02-09-2012, 07:01 PM
Thanks,

the blind I saw was at 90° to the parcel shelf and clipped into the rooflining above the rear seat backs. (Kind of like a dog guard).

Is that the 143 you have? I notice from your sig you get 42MPG. What kind of driving do you do? Mway, rural etc?
I had a 170 in my Passat and got the low 50s on my daily commute. I'm also hoping I don't notice too much of a difference from the power drop.

As Soot1e says it sounds like it was the pull out load net that you have seen.

Only just started using 'Fuelly' to track my usage. car has now done 1300 miles and have only filled up 3 times and never from empty. the 43mpg is a avarage from full tank to full tank. You do read alsorts about what you get out of the 2.0TDI's , so only early days for me but looks load better than the Fords I've had (Mondeo, Smax, Kuga) the Kuga was really bad, 163bhp tdci and I couldn't get more than 40mpg, even at 60mph on a motorway!

I do 60% town driving, 40% A roads and motorway and it is a 143, S Line Avant

eob
02-09-2012, 07:45 PM
As Soot1e says it sounds like it was the pull out load net that you have seen.

Only just started using 'Fuelly' to track my usage. car has now done 1300 miles and have only filled up 3 times and never from empty. the 43mpg is a avarage from full tank to full tank. You do read alsorts about what you get out of the 2.0TDI's , so only early days for me but looks load better than the Fords I've had (Mondeo, Smax, Kuga) the Kuga was really bad, 163bhp tdci and I couldn't get more than 40mpg, even at 60mph on a motorway!

I do 60% town driving, 40% A roads and motorway and it is a 143, S Line Avant

Thanks, is this standard in the avant?

WRT MPG, I'm hoping to match or better what I was getting in the CC. Only time will tell.

YawnGumbo
02-09-2012, 09:05 PM
Certainly the net came standard on my SE Technik Avant. Also the red "ambient" lighting was included, even though I also didn't spec the light pack.

c.grex
02-09-2012, 11:26 PM
Certainly the net came standard on my SE Technik Avant. Also the red "ambient" lighting was included, even though I also didn't spec the light pack.

yep just been out in mine now and the two red LED's shine down in front of the mirror towards the gear stick area.

eob
02-09-2012, 11:55 PM
yep just been out in mine now and the two red LED's shine down in front of the mirror towards the gear stick area.

Cheers,
the ambient lighting must consist of the door handle and door pocket lighting.

mcmoody
03-09-2012, 04:38 PM
I had ordered an Ice Silver Black Edition with one extra - LED light pack. Was then told it wouldn't be built until early next year so I switched to a Monsoon Grey standard car which was in stock with another dealer. Hope to get it later this week. Hope it still looks ok without the LEDS. I have the interior light pack in my TT and for the money love it but I wasn't prepared to wait that long or it!

eob
03-09-2012, 06:19 PM
I had ordered an Ice Silver Black Edition with one extra - LED light pack. Was then told it wouldn't be built until early next year so I switched to a Monsoon Grey standard car which was in stock with another dealer. Hope to get it later this week. Hope it still looks ok without the LEDS. I have the interior light pack in my TT and for the money love it but I wasn't prepared to wait that long or it!

My sister in law has the same TT as you. In black. Same age.
The only options she has on it are the leather pack, phone prep and cruise control.
I told her to get xenons when she ordered it, but she never listened. :rolleyes: