PDA

View Full Version : A1 1,6 D or 1.4 TFSI

kendrick
29-08-2012, 10:50 PM
Forum lacking in posts!

Is this car so much better than a Mito?

What mpg are you getting out of the 1.6D / 1.4 TFSI?

Like to have the TFSI as a petrol head on a Kawasaki at the moment but economy needs to be verified by you the user.
How are the A1 TFSI sport for comfort?

How is it more importantly for speed between the gears (eitehr model)

My wife has the 1.6 D Golf and I find it very nimble

foxy367
04-09-2012, 01:52 PM
My wife has the A1 1.4TFSI sport which she has had for a year. In answer to your questions:

I prefer the look of the Mito but can't fault the Audi build quality and to be fair the A1 looks pretty good too. Residual wise the A1 is probably a safer bet

She gets on average 40-41mpg, obviously if you screwed the nuts off it everywhere this would likely to drop. A trip from Manchester to South Wales via all the A roads driving spiritedly (if thats a word) saw me return 43mpg. If you drive 10,000 miles or less the rule of thumb was always go for petrol but that may be even a little higher now due to rising diesel costs.

The A1 is very comfortable it has a bigger car feel and although the suspension is stiff (and we have 17" wheels) it still is comfortable again that long drive and I got out at the other end as fresh as if I'd gone down in a bigger car

The turbo gives really good mid range. It is nippy enough from the lights but get the turbo on song in gear and it fairly zips along I believe the TDI hasn't quite got as much poke but having not driven it this is just what I have read. It is very nimble and although the steering is quite light it is good handling and holds the road well.

Get an A1 I don't think you'll be disappointed :D

kendrick
04-09-2012, 09:37 PM
Many thanks for that Foxy367.
I think to avoid the diesel DPF issues and the lack of poke through the mid range will steer me toward the A1 1.4TFSI. On the Alfa forums they are getting horrendous MPG from the 1.4 multiairs, some as low as 25 mpg!
That, the big car feel and the quality build of the A1 will do me.

foxy367
04-09-2012, 09:57 PM
and the SD card reader too. complete with album art makes it a winner in my eyes! ;)