PDA

View Full Version : Audi A4 B6 1.9 TDI Please Help!

Dean Mancell
27-08-2012, 11:01 PM
Hello i was hoping you could help me, last night i went to sleep car running perfect and then this morning the car wont accept commands off the key fob, it will manually unlock but since i have manually unlocked the car the hazards have been randomly flashing in a non consistant way and has not stopped, front doors unlock from the inside button but the back doors wont unlock what so ever and either will the boot. Also the interior lights and the electric windows will not work but the electric wing mirrors (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&catId=131090&item=271033567327) will. Car starts but lights continue blinking randomly. Ive locked the car up and lights still randomly blinking and the key fob wont work what so ever still.

So im now inside my house with my car turned off and locked up randomly flashing at its self. I took the battery off and on but no effect, recent work was a new car battery (http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_nkw=car+battery) but thats all. I hope you guys can help me because im stumped at how the car can decide that all this can go wrong over one night and really cannot afford to take it to a dealer at the minute. Thanks for any help as ive never experienced anything like this before, thanks Dean

turpal
27-08-2012, 11:39 PM
Sounds like convenience ECU module under passenger footwell.Es pecially if you had water going down there but not nesesery.Not a cheap thing.last time I replaced one was somewhere £300,also needs coding in.

Dean Mancell
28-08-2012, 02:28 AM
£300 pound! is there anyway i can test mine? and who would i need to code it in? thanks Dean

turpal
28-08-2012, 06:06 AM
Not sure about testing it but windows,c/locking etc controlled by it.I can`t remember what was the fault code when I scanned it.To code it in you need VCDS or dealer £60.I`m 99% positive on that but you could check for bad connection though see if that helps.Sorry if not much of help.

nevo
28-08-2012, 11:09 AM
Lift the carpets on the front passenger side,see if its damp,if it is remove the module,there's a slim chance you may be lucky and be able to dry it out,but dont hold your breath,if not as above.

Dean Mancell
28-08-2012, 12:09 PM
The carpets up and it looks dry, is there any way at all to test the module? I have vcds lite and when theres no key in the ignition it comes up as a fault with the module and when the keys in ignition 2 it dosent show as a fault, confused haha

nevo
28-08-2012, 01:14 PM
Dont know anyone who tests or repairs them sorry,if its dry it looks terminal,the only thing a would suggest is closely inspect the connections for crud.

Crasher
28-08-2012, 01:19 PM
http://www.bba-reman.com/catalogue/DetailedProduct.aspx?DetailedProduct=929

Dean Mancell
28-08-2012, 01:48 PM
thank you for your replies, that looks like an ideal site and ive messaged them for quotes. So is it pretty much deffinately going to be the convenience module at fault before I order anything or are there any other checks i should do to make sure?

Ill take out my module and check for any crud, I did notice last week my interior lights started flickering, wonder if that was a sign of this on its way out?

kite
28-08-2012, 04:38 PM
Scan the car for faults first.
You may have a broken wire in the drivers door loom or broken microsurgery in the lock.

follow me on twitter...kiteaudi...

Dean Mancell
28-08-2012, 04:45 PM
Hi theres been a development! i left the carpet up and the module exposed for a few hours and i came bk to my interior light was flickering on and off, i then tried my central locking and it worked and it all is back up. I gave it another hour and the interior light stopped flickerign and everything was fantastic. So im not wondering if some moisture did get inside and is now drying out, this would explain the interior light flashing maybe???

turpal
28-08-2012, 09:56 PM
Glad it saved you £££ make sure you don`t get any water there anymore.

Dean Mancell
28-08-2012, 10:46 PM
Glad it saved you £££ make sure you don`t get any water there anymore.

thing is im scared to put my carpet back down now incase theres any water left in the foam, it feels fine but its hard to tell with foam.

I changed my battery a few weeks back and had to unblock the drain under the battery as it was collecting water, is this likely to have caused the problem or will it be a more recent leak? sorry for the questions its just I know how lucky i am, stafford audi wanted to charge me 500 pound to change the module

turpal
29-08-2012, 01:07 AM
thing is im scared to put my carpet back down now incase theres any water left in the foam, it feels fine but its hard to tell with foam.

I changed my battery a few weeks back and had to unblock the drain under the battery as it was collecting water, is this likely to have caused the problem or will it be a more recent leak? sorry for the questions its just I know how lucky i am, stafford audi wanted to charge me 500 pound to change the module

Yes,usually that is the main cause,just check the pollen filter housing all has no cracks too.No sorry for the questions mate,thats what the forum is about.Keep posting untill its all good.

Crasher
29-08-2012, 09:25 AM
Its the cover at the base of the windscreen which causes a leak if it is not properly seated or cracked.

Dean Mancell
29-08-2012, 02:52 PM
Been heavy rain last night, unfortunately this morning nothings working again and theres no obvious sign of a leak inside the passenger footwell and the module still looks dry, is this just likely a faulty module or could water be getting somewhere else to cause this?

Dean Mancell
29-08-2012, 04:19 PM
another development, got a hairdryer on the module while it was in the car, it started clicking and then after a few minutes everything turned back on. Is this a sign of water inside or am i just been hopeful

nevo
29-08-2012, 08:20 PM
Follow the harness back as far as you can make sure there's no dampness,also stick the module in the airing cupboard,if you've got one.

turpal
29-08-2012, 09:34 PM
another development, got a hairdryer on the module while it was in the car, it started clicking and then after a few minutes everything turned back on. Is this a sign of water inside or am i just been hopeful

The one I replaced was had no leaks and very acasionally was working,new unit problem solved.

Dean Mancell
03-09-2012, 12:42 PM
Hi, i took out the module and left it in a tub of rice over night and its been great for 3 days, but it seems to be getting slowly worse over time, im guessing theres abit of moisture in the carpets still so i was wondering is there anyway I can remove the actual carpets to dry them out 100%?