PDA

View Full Version : Please Help O/S/R passenger door wont open/unlock.

gaz@1978
26-08-2012, 09:24 PM
I have a 2005 Passatt 1.9tdi highline estate. Lately the rear door became intermittent on opening and now has stopped operating all together.
It cannot be operated with either key/central locking or from inside. Today I removed the door card and internal metal card to try to open the door but with no success, ive read one thread that involves drilling!!!! this is my last resort. Does anybody out there have any suggestions???

Thanks in advance

Gaz

pag
26-08-2012, 11:01 PM
I had the same with an '03 N/S/F

After removal of the cards my son tapped the lock repeatedly with the handle of a screwdriver while I double clicked the key fob several times
with all doors shut.
(On mine this part of the lock was green, but on the new lock I bought this was white.)

The chap in VW (Bury St Edmunds) where I bought the new lock (£131.50) said they use a blunted drill bit with the drill set on hammer.
Apparently vibration frees the sticky mechanism.

Once the door unlocks and is open the two bottom star type bolts can be accessed. I rounded one off using a torx bit and had to drill it out. A 6mm Allen key is a far better fit and undone the second bolt.

HTH
Paul G

martin1810
27-08-2012, 09:20 AM
I have a 2005 Passatt 1.9tdi highline estate. Lately the rear door became intermittent on opening and now has stopped operating all together.
It cannot be operated with either key/central locking or from inside. Today I removed the door card and internal metal card to try to open the door but with no success, ive read one thread that involves drilling!!!! this is my last resort. Does anybody out there have any suggestions???

Thanks in advance

Gaz

I would run VCDS first to see what the CCM thinks the fault is. Have you checked for power on the red/yellow and red/white wires to the lock. It can't open without power.

scotty33
27-08-2012, 02:29 PM
Sometimes banging the doorskin with the heel of your hand, in the area by the lock, works (whilst operating the c/l obviously!)