PDA

View Full Version : Horrible Creaking, Squeaking from OSF Suspension

P Smiddy
23-08-2012, 10:39 PM
This problem is now wanting me to drive the car into a tree:zx11:!!!!

Started about a month ago and it seems to be worse when the steering is turning right. Any small lump or wave if you like in the road it creaks and is usually at speeds below 30 it occurs.

Had the wheel off, all 12 bushes (i think) sprayed and check but nothing, finding it hard to replicate the sound when the car is on a ramp.....

Have done a search and it seems to be the old, old passat that suffers from this as well. From what I have read its the CV Drive boot that's causing this.....

To to the technically gifted whats the chances of this being the same cause on my b8, or could it be something else?

Thanks,
Paul
(Squeaky B8 2.0 TDI S LINE)

Guest 2
23-08-2012, 10:40 PM
What year and miles are on your car?

P Smiddy
23-08-2012, 11:02 PM
Hi Chris, it's an 08 at around 57k, possibly with the "full drop" s line suspension.

a8 tech
24-08-2012, 10:39 AM
B8 suffer from insufficient grease in the lower ball joint and its a known problem with a technical bulletin for production dates stamped on the ball joint

Providing you have some dealer history book it into your dealer and goodwill maybe applied for the cost of the repair

Also a similar issue with the steering column lower u/j joint and again a technical bulletin is available for this

derekm
27-08-2012, 05:01 PM
Mine was making noises similar to you describe at low speeds with the steering turned.

Audi replaced the ball joints even though the car was out of warranty. Problem cured.