PDA

View Full Version : Free top-up oil?

porty
21-08-2012, 09:08 PM
Had my car serviced yesterday by my local Audi dealership. Heard something rolling around in the boot on my way home and found a 1L bottle of top-up oil in the boot. Thought a free bottle of oil was a nice touch. Studied my invoice later last night to find that I'd been charged £18.31 for it!!! I have plenty of top-up oil of the correct grade so will be taking the 1L bottle back for a refund!

c.grex
21-08-2012, 09:41 PM
When I picked my new car up last month the wife got a bottle of wine and I got a free bottle of oil!

theskyfox
21-08-2012, 10:54 PM
lol. In fairness..it does come in a sexy leather pouch xD

-Andrew

porty
21-08-2012, 11:23 PM
c.grex - I'm used to getting free oil (and flowers!) with new cars, but at my previous services I've never had oil put in the boot before that I've been charged for!!

Soot1e
22-08-2012, 06:25 AM
lol. In fairness..it does come in a sexy leather pouch xD

-Andrew

Not ant more, the latest offering is a silver nylon affair with Shell branding.

c.grex
22-08-2012, 11:01 AM
c.grex - I'm used to getting free oil (and flowers!) with new cars, but at my previous services I've never had oil put in the boot before that I've been charged for!!

I'd be ringing them up for a refund and asking them to collect it. The cheek of it.

Guest 2
22-08-2012, 11:07 AM
I'd be ringing them up for a refund and asking them to collect it. The cheek of it.

x2 - it's like charging for top up screenwash.

Make sure it's filled to the brim before handing it over - why pay for something you can get it out of a tap (the water that is).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

porty
23-08-2012, 07:28 PM
I was passing my Audi dealer today and so I popped in, handed back the top-up oil and got £18.31 refunded back to my credit card!

Brycie
23-08-2012, 08:37 PM
Good on you mate, that's a damn cheek. There'd be uproar if other retailers like Tesco & Halfords started adding items to your purchases & charged you for it without asking or letting you know.