PDA

View Full Version : A7 Answers.

Skippy73
21-08-2012, 07:57 PM
So i have just picked up my new 2012 Audi A7 yesterday and straight away i wanted to try all the things that i have read in these posts that some people have had issues with. So to start:

MMI Plus online. I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and i was worried that this phone might not allow me to connect via the rSAP profile. Well it worked straight off the bat. I get 3G and 2G signals all the time which is no different to how the phone behaves. I drove 200+ miles and the Google Maps worked faultlessly. In addition i have told my phone to always connect in this manner when i start the car and it has without fault :-). This all works obviously because luckily the recent android update included rSAP support again. So all is perfect there. Im even able to receive text messages to my car etc and was able to activate and enable the Audi Traffic online with a 3 year subscription included in the car.
Drive Select Efficiency Program. I have seen in some posts that some models do not seem to have this and it appears to be a new thing for the 2012 model as my car has this. I have it on driving around locally and i have got about 38mpg driving around town etc.
I have had no cabin noises yet or rattles and hopefully it will stay that way.
The adaptive Cruise Control is brilliant and makes my motorway and even local driving very effortless. It is bloody hard however to not put your foot on the brake!!! Its a natural response that is taking some effort not to do because the car does it for me.
Lane assist is also clever and i have it set to early warning so it basically corrects steering constantly to keep me in the lane. I just hold with a couple of fingers lightly and let the car sort it out ;-) It is clever though as it knows when i am not holding onto the steering wheel at all and alerts me and disengages lane assist.
Blind Spot Monitoring is ok had this before and functions well
Now the Head Up Display i like and is clever enough BUT::: If you happen to own a pair of polarised sunglasses as i do, do not expect to see the HUD when the sun is out is you are wearing your sunnies :-p Polarised sunnies almost completely shut out visibility of the HUD. The HUD is full sun light still works perfectly and you can see it without issue until you put those sunnies on. Luckily i also have a pair that is not polarised and these work perfectly with the HUD, so these are now my in car driving glasses.

Cheers

jbanfie
22-08-2012, 09:12 AM
Hi AussieAudiA3,

Thanks for confirming that A7 with Galaxy S3 works after android update, that's great.

Are you aware of the upcoming 4.1 Jelly Bean release of Android for the S3 potentially on 29th August? I'm hoping rSAP won't 'disappear' and 'reappear' a few months later?

I'm no Android expert but I would hate to update the phone if you can't go back again?