PDA

View Full Version : A4 Avant 1.9 tdi - temp sender / aircon fan unit

Kiwivin
10-08-2007, 02:46 PM
Hi, seems like these two issues are both common problems.

Can anyone advise how easy these are to rectify and offer some technical guidance regarding location and work involved as i do not have access to any manuals.

1. Temperature (Engine) sensor; where is it located and what am i looking for? Will I lose much water in removing it and does it just power the gauge, or the ecu on this model also?

2. Fan unit for climate control; works intermittently, normally ok 1st thing in morning but turn the car off after say an hour drive and it wont work, bang the dash it sometimes comes on. Other threads state its behind the dash access via glovebox is this correct? how easy to strip out? and best place for replacement parts?

Car is Audi A4 TDI 1998 Avant

Many thanks in advance

Vince

Kiwivin
13-08-2007, 03:30 PM
Well, no response so far so started going it alone with regards to fan unit.

I have found and removed the fan unit and it is behind the glove box, takes about 30mins to get it out and just an 8mm and 10mm socket. Note; you also need to remove one of the metal brackets that is located behind the glove box to allow removal not sure what this do but supports the airbag unit. Also remeber to disconnect wiring to glove box light.

Part unit on mine is Valeo H31-652359D - just need a replacement now.

Anyone any ideas on the temp sender unit?

Cheers Vinny