PDA

View Full Version : console/dash lights fault

vikkiric
20-08-2012, 03:50 PM
Hi All,

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction with regards to fixing my console lights. (Bear with me I'm not sure of the correct terminology of some things.)

l have a 53 plate skoda Octavia

When the headlights are turned on the dash is normally illuminated so you can see the speedo, clock etc as well as the hazzard warning light button, the window controls on the door and the buttons for air con, rear window heater etc. (the backlighting of the heater dials are not affected)

Over the weekend these lights have been flashing on and off intermiterntly.Have tried to research this myself but have been unsuccessful so far. I had a look in the manual for the fuse asscoiated with this and had a look at a few (can't remember the fuses I checked off the top of my head). All seemed ok.From the way the lights are flashing on and off I'm guessing that a loose connection somewhere is a likely cause, however do not know where! The dimmer dial also felt quite hot when this first started but has been fine since.

If anyone could shed some light on what may be the cause or what I should try in order to diagnose the fault I would be very grateful.

Thanks

Vikki*

Bugajauzsi
03-10-2012, 01:02 PM
hi,
I have the same issue with my 2004 1.9 tdi octavia and I didn't find a single post about it. Did you figure out what the problem was with your car?
Thanks,
Greg

vikkiric
03-10-2012, 01:16 PM
hi,
I have the same issue with my 2004 1.9 tdi octavia and I didn't find a single post about it. Did you figure out what the problem was with your car?
Thanks,
Greg

No still do not know what the issue is. As its flickering I suspect its a loose connection. It is also worst after the car has been in heavy rain so maybe some water is getting in and shorting the connection. Some days its absolutely fine!