PDA

View Full Version : air con

smithy602179
20-08-2012, 10:31 AM
am i right in thinking that the fault code 4Fa on the climatronic is for the recirculating fan motor behind the glovebox and not the multiple little motors behind the climatronic unit . and also that the motor can be removed and rotated 180' and will continue working for a bit longer . car is cool on auto but on recirculation its colder .
Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated

caldirun
20-08-2012, 07:40 PM
am i right in thinking that the fault code 4Fa on the climatronic is for the recirculating fan motor behind the glovebox and not the multiple little motors behind the climatronic unit . and also that the motor can be removed and rotated 180' and will continue working for a bit longer . car is cool on auto but on recirculation its colder .
Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated
04FA is indeed the recirculation flap servo motor fault but if pressing recirc has any effect at all the flap must be working. Recirculation will always be better for cooling as the air is passed through the evaporator constantly and not replenished with outside air.
The motor unit can be replaced if you have a weekend to spare and enjoy a challenge! but I have read that VW charge £800 to do it so its not a simple job (having done one myself I think the price is fair..ish)

smithy602179
24-08-2012, 09:13 AM
can it be reset with vagcom or vagcom lite ??