PDA

View Full Version : Broken Front Springs

gckimber
10-08-2007, 01:28 PM
Both of my Superb front springs have failed in the same week having only lasted 33,000 miles.

The car is an 03 so out of warranty.

Has anyone out there had similar problems at such a low milage?

Any advice on trying to get compensation would be welcomed!

Garry

Sam
10-08-2007, 01:57 PM
I think we had a guy with a Passat with a similar issue.

After a bit of searching;

Very serious design fault ! (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=7013)

And welcome aboard, sorry it's under the wrong circumstances

tugman
12-08-2007, 09:40 AM
My neaside front went at about 78k miles, the wierd thing was i'd been out for a long drive in the morning and the spring broke when I set off again in the afternoon and broke within about 50 yds from home. My local garage replaced the springs (both the front) but said it was'nt unusual and Renaults are the worst culprits for this.

gckimber
17-08-2007, 04:53 PM
My neaside front went at about 78k miles, the wierd thing was i'd been out for a long drive in the morning and the spring broke when I set off again in the afternoon and broke within about 50 yds from home. My local garage replaced the springs (both the front) but said it was'nt unusual and Renaults are the worst culprits for this.
My Skoda approved repairer has told me that Skoda will not accept any responsibility because of the cars age, even though the 33k mileage is less than what would have been covered under the 3 years warranty. Looks like I'm stuck with the £340 repair bill. :(

Gizmo68
18-08-2007, 12:56 AM
Looks like I'm stuck with the £340 repair bill. :(

For a pair of springs & fitting? W T F?

Porcorosso
26-05-2008, 09:25 PM
My 03 reg superb snapped the top coil off the spring. A new one fitted by my local quality grease monkey cost £75.

I got the impression that its fairly coomon on Passats/Superbs, as is a split cv boot apparently.

I'm currently suffering from brake light failure. they're all out. My car is 03, is this linked to a Passat recall i seem to vaguely remember?? Any advice would be welcome as mine is a taxi and i'm off the road till its sorted.