PDA

View Full Version : Question Audi A4 MFSW Retrofit Slip Ring Query

kevin_hay
16-08-2012, 08:21 PM
I have just installed the MFSW, DIS and Cruise Control to my A4 Quattro '05 plate B7 model, andthe Slip Ring that I bought has a faulty steering angle sensor, therefore the ESP warning light is always on.

I've been in contact with my local Audi dealers, and they state that there is only one slip ring shown against my VIN number, part number 4E0 953 541 B.

Are all slip rings of this part number fitted with the 12 pins in the airbag loom plug, as the original slip ring installed in my car only had 6 pins connected, although it didn't have a letter after the part number.

My worry is that I pay for the new slip ring, and then find that it only has 6 pins connected, as they can't confirm from the parts system any other slip ring for using with the MFSW.

Any answers will be greatly appreciated, as I have looked through various forums, and whilst they all say that the part number would be correct, i'm still a little confused, as Audi said I should have had that part number fitted in my although my slip ring only had 12 pins, but then the new part number could be a supercede of the original part, so they may have simply decide to make all future slip rings 12 pin compatible.

Thanks in anticipation.