PDA

View Full Version : 2007 S3

Fragz
10-08-2007, 11:44 AM
Hello everyone.
After years of having various VW Corrado's i have taken the plunge and bought myself an S3.. And bloody pleased with it I am too!!.

Keen to be mates with anyone else with an S3 and generally chat
I'm in Ledbury, Herefordshire by the way
Cheers
Fragz
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb214/fogeyunlimited/S30006.jpg

prolfe
10-08-2007, 12:59 PM
Git :zx11:

only joking welcome aboard :beerchug:

micalee
15-08-2007, 10:02 AM
Getting mine in October and cant wait! i have an R32 MK5 at present which is very nice. How does the S3 feel and what is your review so far! Have read many reviews, some say the ride is too firm, turbo lag to much, steering mute? whats the performance like?

Fragz
15-08-2007, 12:03 PM
Getting mine in October and cant wait! i have an R32 MK5 at present which is very nice. How does the S3 feel and what is your review so far! Have read many reviews, some say the ride is too firm, turbo lag to much, steering mute? whats the performance like?

Hi there. Bet you cant wait.. Ok The S3. Its a brilliant car with amazing mid range power.. just bags of it through 3rd and 4th Gear. The ride is very firm.. but thats what you want inst it?? Turbo lag.. not noticed this at all. I mean, there is always a tiny bit, but i always keep the engine revving well, so don't really get it. The car is very neutral and its not going to give you the feel of a Corrado or R32.. Its def much more of a neutral feel, but round the twisty windy bits round here it leave a great big grin on my face.. So Im more than happy

The build quality is perfect, the interior an absolute dream and i have had mine since March and so far only seen 1 other on the road.. so, its nice and rare and unique. Go enjoy!!!!!!
Graham

micalee
15-08-2007, 12:23 PM
You say 'neutral' feel ? what do you mean by this? my R32 does has a firm ride, not as firm as the gti but it is still very comfortable. Not worries about the turbo lack bit, my subarus i had had turbo lag. can you hear a whistle from the turbo?

Fragz
15-08-2007, 12:32 PM
You say 'neutral' feel ? what do you mean by this? my R32 does has a firm ride, not as firm as the gti but it is still very comfortable. Not worries about the turbo lack bit, my subarus i had had turbo lag. can you hear a whistle from the turbo?

well, you know how a Corrado gives the driver a ton of feedback and the steering transmits the road very well. With the S3 there is a slight feeling of, well, just neither under or oversteer coming from the steering wheel. Its nothing bad, but its not quite as engagaing as it could be.
Very rough county lanes feel a bit severe in Sid ( thats my S3) but i have a ton of fun it!!
Please get back to me with any questions etc..
Cheers
Graham

Fragz
15-08-2007, 12:34 PM

I do get a bit of a whistle.. starts out at a quiet growl then hits a nice whistle.. Not that loud though.. nothing like the R32.
My other option instead of the S3 was the R32.. and it was a tricky decision.. but the S3 is quite subtle and i liked that aspect about it

micalee
15-08-2007, 12:42 PM
many thanks for the replies, regardless of what they say about them, Its on route! They slag off the r32s also! You got any more pics?

Fragz
15-08-2007, 12:46 PM
many thanks for the replies, regardless of what they say about them, Its on route! They slag off the r32s also! You got any more pics?

Oh, I absolutely love the car. I think its brilliant.. The reviewers like to always compare and its as much as the car you like as well as the little details..
got a few more pics.. so will post in a few mins..
Graham

Fragz
15-08-2007, 12:51 PM
some more pics of Sid Vicious
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb214/fogeyunlimited/S30001.jpg
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb214/fogeyunlimited/S30007.jpg
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb214/fogeyunlimited/S30005.jpg
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb214/fogeyunlimited/S30009.jpg

micalee
15-08-2007, 01:05 PM
BEAUTIFUL!!! Come on October!!

Fragz
15-08-2007, 01:10 PM
BEAUTIFUL!!! Come on October!!

yep, i love it.. . and it goes like F@%$ as well!! VERY usable mid range.. that possibly its Key strength.. find your fav windy road and enjoy. Seeing as you are into bikes I know you will love it!

mrleeS3
16-08-2007, 07:15 PM
seriously slick mate!

whats the engine size & power of the new ones?? [too lazy to google :D ]

gonna have to try hard to avoid the audi garage on the way to work... ;) they've got a lush black one on the forecourt

Fragz
17-08-2007, 12:32 PM
seriously slick mate!

whats the engine size & power of the new ones?? [too lazy to google :D ]

gonna have to try hard to avoid the audi garage on the way to work... ;) they've got a lush black one on the forecourt

its only a 2.0 but saying that.. its tuned to the max.. absolutely amazing 2.0 FSI 4pot engine. the power is stratospheric.

mrleeS3
17-08-2007, 01:06 PM
fair play matey! beaut of a car...

some cheeky sod pulled into our showroom earlier in the baddest black s4 cab... :droolz:

one day, one day... :D just need to find the £30k+ somewhere...

TONY30
12-01-2008, 10:13 PM
Just considering ordering S3 in either silver or black with silver roof lining and two tone leather/bose/flat bottomed steering wheel pls cruise got a deal of £27708 including three years tax on PCP deal. They also give me insurance for £750 per year which looks cheap on a group 18/20

Currently drive A4 2.0TDI S Line fully loaded however bored of diesel - drove this lightening machine and wanted one straghtaway.

Only doubt is likely awful MPG( current A4 diesel gives me 45MPG) appreciate petrol flying machine with 265BHP but what should I expect I do alot of motorway miles so before I finally commit the cheque book whats the bad news the quoted 31mpg looks generous!

Yours looks great the one I drove was same colour.

Regards

Tony