PDA

View Full Version : Software missing on cluster for fis display

trapster
15-08-2012, 12:44 PM
Hi

I have a 2007 2.0T s line special edition which has the full Color display between the rev counter and mph gauge.
About a month ago the display went blank and the miles display and date and time display.
I sent the cluster off to cluster repairs uk who have come back and said that the cluster is ok from a hardware point of view ,but it has 4 lines of code/software missing from the cluster ,and they can not put the software back on :-(
And have told me only Audi dealers can do it ?
They told me the only way that you get data loss on clusters is if it's been jump started or a wiring problem.
Now less than 2 weeks before the displays went out a tracker was fitted to the car and they cable tied the tracker wires to the wiring loom to the cluster.
I assume this can not cause a problem ,the other wires I am told are a ignition wire and permanant live. A friend has checked the wiring they have done and said it looks fine.
But I guess I need to find out 100% which wires they cut into.

Is there anyone in the west area that can put the software back onto my cluster or is this not possible ,as I am not even sure if Audi can do it yet ,as Audi have said until they see what's missing they can't tell if it can be done.

ukdan
15-08-2012, 01:26 PM
Is it software or just the coding?

trapster
15-08-2012, 01:58 PM
Is it software or just the coding?

Hi

Well they said software is missing from the cluster ie lines of code but I am not sure if the cluster was to be re coded to the car if this puts all the software back on or not ?

ukdan
15-08-2012, 02:11 PM
If it's just the coding then I could probably help.
I'm in all day today if you want to come to Swindon and have a scan and check the coding.

trapster
15-08-2012, 02:20 PM
If it's just the coding then I could probably help.
I'm in all day today if you want to come to Swindon and have a scan and check the coding.

Dam I was in Swindon this morning :-( back in Bristol now do you think the coding will sort it ?

ukdan
15-08-2012, 02:35 PM
Possibly but not 100% sure.
Can only try.
I'm in all day Friday too if that helps. Can't do tomorrow as my daughter is in hospital.
Pm me if you want to come round and give it a try.

trapster
15-08-2012, 02:52 PM
That's very kind of you to try and help me out if I'm in Swindon or near Friday I will let you know :-) thanks again

allanmb
16-08-2012, 06:47 PM
Just to add that my DIS used to do this occasionally and I managed to fix it by taking out the stereo, disconnecting the cables at the back for a few seconds and then putting it all back together, voila! Worth a try as it takes 2 minutes to do :)

trapster
16-08-2012, 10:07 PM
did the DIS or FIS go out alone or did you loose the small displays with the time/date and miles ?
also do you need special tools to get the rnse sat nav plus out ?
you go me thinking now as i had the blue tooth module installed about a year ago and he took out the sat nav plus unit to fit it ? wonder if its a wiring problem there ?

allanmb
17-08-2012, 08:41 AM
I can't remember exactly, but I think it was just the top part of the DIS that disappeared. I had a concert radio at the time which required 2 removal keys. If you have RNS-E then you need 4 keys (VW VOLKSWAGEN AUDI MFD MFD2 RCD RNS RNS-E RADIO REMOVAL TOOLS KEYS PINS - SET 4 | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160656760697)) to remove the unit, but with the keys it does just take a minute to do the operation.