PDA

View Full Version : 3.0tdi Remap

Buttons76
13-08-2012, 10:02 PM
Been told the best way to remap my 2010 3.0tdi is by using a DTE tuning box as ECU is tamper proof and therefore can't be mapped......
Is this right? :confused:

Im not so much questioning what the tuning company has told me, just that I'm a little surprised by it.
thought I would have read more about it......
im a little dubious regarding inline tuning box's - surely it is just gonna confuse the ECU as opposed to re-educate it :confused:

Guest 2
13-08-2012, 10:04 PM
It can be remapped but the ECU needs to be removed and opened up and programmed directly.

Not sure how the warranty is affected but I wouldn't be doing anything inside the warranty period.

Buttons76
13-08-2012, 10:26 PM
Yeh, that's pretty much what the tuner said - hence the DTE suggestion but I'm dubious about them.
Is this the norm?

beavim
13-08-2012, 11:06 PM
I had my 3.0 TDI 2010 A4 remapped by superchips a few months back. Originally bought the bluefin to do it but couldn't use it so superchips programmed the ecu directly at their workshop. Took about an hour and the improvements are instantly noticeable. Apparently they also removed the lock so the bluefin should work now too (not tried it though).

Puresilk
23-12-2012, 05:44 PM
I would avoid the boxes and get Eco remapped by a reputable mapper....... Have heard DMS are good!