PDA

View Full Version : Urano Grey

davemetcalfe
13-08-2012, 02:14 PM
Hi there

I'm in the process of speccing my next company car and can't decide on the colour! I'm going for a 2.0TDI SE Estate with a few options but would rather not pay extra for metallic paint. Does anyone have a view on Urano Grey? I've looked at lots of images online and sometimes it looks really dark, other times not so. None of the local garages have an example in that colour to go and look at in the flesh unfortunately. The alternative is white (currently have a white Leon), but I'm not sure how that would look on such a big car.

I'd really appreciate some help!

Many thanks

Dave

Lemonslap
13-08-2012, 10:24 PM
I had the same issue when ordering mine, had to pay for the metallic colours. I ended up ordering white although I was close to going red, I'm not covinced by the flat grey although I have only seen it in the flesh on a golf. My white sport estate is arriving on Friday I can take some pics if it helps?

davemetcalfe
14-08-2012, 02:08 AM
Thanks for your reply - glad it's not just me who has these difficult decisions to make!

I'm also not convinced by the flat grey, although in some shots it looks ok,

All sizes | 006 | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/59539839@N02/5686611912/sizes/z/in/photostream/)

A photo when you get your new car would be good.

Many thanks.

Hugh Jend
14-08-2012, 10:34 AM
yep..I have the grey.
it looks brill with the chrome trim (170 sport estate)..a little bit bland without..but still nice.
Hand wash it..then cover in Demon Shine, it comes up great!

I feel that white would be just too much...and will look pants..two minutes after washing.

davemetcalfe
14-08-2012, 10:44 AM
yep..I have the grey.
it looks brill with the chrome trim (170 sport estate)..a little bit bland without..but still nice.

I feel that white would be just too much...and will look pants..two minutes after washing.

Thanks for that. Any chance of a quick picture?

Cheers

Lemonslap
14-08-2012, 11:15 AM
yep..I have the grey.

I have ordered a 170 sport as well, my fear too over the white I wanted black but no way was I going to put money toward a car that isn't mine and my current car is grey! When it arrives on Friday I will be sealing the paint and applying collinite to attempt to keep it cleaner for longer. I am tempted to de-chrome it tbh, I have brought a large piece of 3M Di-Noc to cover the interior trim and may extend this to the chrome trim and wing mirrors.

Hugh Jend
14-08-2012, 11:45 AM
Thanks for that. Any chance of a quick picture?

Cheers

certainly..what of?

:biglaugh:

davemetcalfe
14-08-2012, 01:51 PM
certainly..what of?

:biglaugh:

Just the car thanks!!

Hugh Jend
15-08-2012, 08:42 AM
Just the car thanks!!

damn....:Blush:

davemetcalfe
16-08-2012, 09:38 AM
Hi Hugh

Any chance of those pictures? My admin manager is pestering me to make a decision! I just can't make up my mind at the moment - one minute I think grey is best, the next minute white!

Cheers.

Lemonslap
19-08-2012, 07:52 AM

Pic of the new car must admit looks much better in the flesh and a poor pic of the carbon interior trim

davemetcalfe
19-08-2012, 09:01 AM

Pic of the new car must admit looks much better in the flesh and a poor pic of the carbon interior trim

Thanks for the pictures. It looks great - are you happy with your choice?

Cheers

Lemonslap
19-08-2012, 08:33 PM
Thanks for the pictures. It looks great - are you happy with your choice?

Cheers

Fantastic car, I didn't think I would like the white but it looks great and has good road presence. Glad I went for the 170ps version with DSG it's a heavy beast! One thing I will say although the build quality is far better then my old insiginia it's still lacking from VW's of old. Also I have a fault see my other thread! Be aware the carbon dash is aftermarket it comes with brushed stainless as standard.